4 | uh oh.

𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐘

𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐘.
CHAPTER 4!
uh oh.

☀︎☂︎

drunk as they watch my shattered edges glisten

────── 〔✿〕──────

EMMA AND matt love the beach. it's their place. it brings them comfort doing something so peaceful with each other. something so little but means so much at the same time. the beach is theirs.

the pair sat next to each other on the rocks along the shoreline. sitting in silence taking in the salty fresh air.

matt turns gaze to emma, not meaning to stare, but he was. he couldn't help it, he meant what he said back in her room, the girl is beautiful.

matt had always seen emma that way. even when she didnt think so herself. he loves everything about her. how funny she really was, how she would squint her eyes when she smiles, and especially how she laughed. he loves all of her. and of course matt claims its in a platonic way. but sometimes he doesn't even believe himself.

emma soon realized what was happening as she saw the boy in the corner of her eye. she felt her face get warmer as it turned a bright shade of pink.

she doesn't know why shes reacting like this. after all they are literally best friends ?? emma thinks.

she decided to confront him.

"are you good?" she asks abruptly looking at matt.

"what?" matt replies knowing he's been caught.

"you keep starring at me like a weirdo"

"oh sorry i didn't mean to" matt scratches the back of his head awkwardly. "its ok i know its hard to take your eyes off of a face like this" emma laughs trying to break the tension.

oh that laugh.

by now it was almost completely dark on the beach "cmon lets go for a walk before we go" emma says getting and reaching out a hand for matt.

the two begin walking and talking about anything and everything.

"ive told you so many times i dont fuck with taylor swift" matt says to emma. "matt i think everyone fucks with t swizzle but you" she chuckles at the nickname she gave the girl. "she literally has a song for every mood you could possibly be in"