33 | if the shoe fits.

𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐘

𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐘.
CHAPTER 33!
if the shoe fits

☀︎☂︎

you put me on and said i was your favorite

──────〔✿〕──────

EMMA AND matt are on their way back to his house. they weren't talking. they were sitting in a comfortable silence aside from the music playing from matts playlist.

it had been a long day of shopping and eating out, the two were beyond exhausted. and emma was so excited to listen to speak now tv with matt. she thought he would never agree to something like this.

emma reaches over to turn the music down so she doesn't have to yell. "you know your girlfriend texted me like two day ago?" she speaks casually as of its not a problem.

"girlfriend?" matt gives the girl a confused look.

"uh.. yeah, katelyn? your girlfriend?" emma doesn't understand how matt could forget about the relationship he's in.

"oh, right. katelyn." to matt katelyn was just a ordinary girl, nothing special, and surely not his girlfriend. she was quite literally the farthest thing from it.

"wait, why was she texting you? " he carries out the conversation. the idea of matt's so called girlfriend texting his soon to be actual girlfriend wasn't so appealing to him.

"she was accusing me of having feelings for you. which you know.. isnt true of course." emma hesitates adding on that last bit of information.
the urge to just tell him right now was so much, yet not enough.

"i was gonna text you right away, but i wanted to tell you in person because i honestly thought it was very weird of her and it made me uncomfortable."
now emma loved arguing with people, because she was so good at it but she just wanted matt to know how crazy his girlfriend is.

"yeah i get that and i'll definitely talk to katelyn, but how did she even get your number?" he felt where she was coming from and didn't want emma to feel any worse about this situation.

"i don't know she probably went through your phone or something" emma laughs. the conversation comes to an end as matt pulls into the driveway.

emma gets out the car and grabs as many bags she can. suddenly the amount of money she spent today came to reality.

matt runs around the car and grabs the bags out of her hands. except when his hand touches hers he stops what hes doing and looks down at their hands one wrapped around the other.