chapter 22: please

🍮 Songs 🍮

🍮 The way I loved you - Taylor Swift (one of my fave songs ever)

Ending Scene - IU (I love her songs they just give such an aesthetic vibe)

Welcome to MY world - aespa (I ABOSLUTELY LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH, aespa's vocals are so heavenly and their comeback is sooo good!! The album is AMAZINGGG pls listen!)

0X1=Lovesong (I know I love you) - TXT (BEST SONG EVER SONG OF THE CENTURY FR. I LISTENED TO IT TODAY AND LIKE OMG IT HIT ME SO HARD LIKE EVERYTHING WAS JUST SO AMAZING AND I HADNT HEARD IT IN SO LONG I SWEAR THERE WERE TEARS IN MY EYES)

🍮🍮🍮

Beomgyu POV

"I'm so in love with you."

Beomgyu stiffened. He didn't hear that right. There's no way. 

Yeonjun was in love with him? Again?

His insides felt all weird. 

"Yeonjun." He muttered, his voice nearly drowned by the wind. "Can you put me down?"

He felt Yeonjun hesitate the slightest before letting him down. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ruin the moment." The older boy apologised.

Beomgyu's eyes scanned his face, he really did look sorry. 

And he also looked gorgeous, but that thought was for another time, when they're not dealing with a situation like this.

"So," Beomgyu started. He gave a short laugh, unsure how to continue. "You love me, huh?"

Well, shit, that sounded weird. Not a good start.

Yeonjun smiled awkwardly. "Yeah, um. Is that... how, how do you feel?"

Beomgyu licked his lips nervously, buying himself time.

How did he feel?

Well, for one, he knew he wasn't feeling how he was supposed to.

If someone confesses, you'd usually feel happy, appreciated, perhaps even embarrassed.

But Beomgyu?

He felt the slightest, tiniest, most marginal amount of anger. 

Or maybe it wasn't so small.

Maybe some part of him hadn't truly forgiven Yeonjun for breaking him. Maybe he'd moved on, but never forgiven. 

He took a breath. These could not be the words that escape his mouth when he decided to speak. 

He opened his mouth, and out came the words. They weren't the ones he'd thought, but the message they carried was similar enough.

"How do I feel? Well it's rather nice of you to finally ask, a bit late though, don't you think?" 

Yeonjun was stunned silent. He began to speak, try to communicate with the younger, but Beomgyu ignored him.

"Why didn't you ask how I felt when you left me? Do you know how hard that was? And you think that you can walk back into my life after everything you've done and flash that stupid smile of yours and say you're in love with me and then just have me? How do you think I feel?" Beomgyu paused, the adrenaline was beginning to run out.  His emotions flooded in, changing the course of his monologue. 

"It's not fair." Beomgyu whispered weakly, holding back tears. "It's not fair that you left me and never looked back once, while I spent years dreaming about you. And now you're and I'm falling for you all over again. Everything just works out so well for you, doesn't it?"