Chapter 8

Retrieving Memories

A Kyou Kara Maou Fanfiction

(Sequel to 'Give Wolfram Back To Me')

Disclaimer: I do not own anything but the plot and my OCs, of course. Otherwise, this wouldn't be a fanfiction. Any resemblance to real life names, situations, etc. is pure coincidence.

All rights belong to Tomo Takabayashi, Temari Matsumoto, and Studio Deen.

A/N : I am back again after finishing all mg college units ^_^ Sorry for the long delay. Finally done re-reading GWBTM and this story to refresh my memory of the plot.

.

.

.

Chapter 8

Wolfram's POV

"Wolf, are you okay? Do you want me to call Gisela?" A familiar voice behind me uttered and my eyes widened.

What is he doing here? And so early in the morning that the sun has barely risen. I didn't notice him coming inside. No, I was too focused on my wretched business to even think of anything else. Even if I had noticed the sound of the door opening, it would never cross my mind that it would be Yuuri.

And as much as I would love to ponder on why Yuuri was in my room at this time, another wave of nausea hit me and I continued whatever I was doing before he came. Curse this! How long do I even have to suffer this morning sickness?

Suddenly a warm hand found its way on my back and rubs it gently... so soothingly.

"Wolf! Are you okay? Oh god, I should call Gisela... But I can't leave you here alone." He said in a worried tone. Then he whipped his head towards the door and shouted, "Oi! Is anyone out there?!"

"Don't... shout..." I managed to utter. "Ugh!" him shouting is making me irritable.

"Hey, it's okay." he said, his hand still rubbing my back.

I swatted the hand and straightened my back a bit. Then proceed to wash my mouth... But I still don't have the strength to walk around. I stayed there, my arms holding on the edge of the sink for support, my knees too weak from vomiting.

"...Wolf-"

"Get out... please..."

"No, you don't seem fine. Come I'll help you to your bed." he tried to reach out to me once more.

"No... get... out... Just call, Gisela. I... don't want... to see you right now... Please."

Yuuri's POV

"-I... don't want... to see you right now... Please." I froze for a moment, feeling a knot in my chest. I felt hurt when he said that...

But now is not the time to think about that. I quickly closed the distance between us and carried him in my arms to his bed. Of course, he let out weak protests, but he was too weak to even really resist. After I laid him on my bed, I quickly went for the door.

"... I'll call, Gisela now."

After I shut the door, my body moved to where the infirmary is. But my mind wanders to what happened just now. Was Wolfram sick? I've never really seen the weak side of him, so it worries me. Is it because of me? But... back there, he said that he didn't want to see me.

Not for long, I arrived infront of the infirmary doors and before I could even knock, the doors were thrown open revealing Gisela... holding a basin filled with warm water.

"H-Heika?! Oh shinou, the door didn't hit you, right?" she exclaimed.

"No... i'm fine. Uh... Gisela. I think you should go to see Wolfram." I said.

"Huh?"

"I went to his room a while ago and I found him vomiting and weak in the bathroom." I supplied.

"You went to his room?" was her only response.

"Yes! Why? I said I found him sick... You should go to him." I said.

"Oh yes yes... huh, I guess it's earlier today." I heard her as she trailed off to Wolfram's room.

Earlier? Has this been happening for quite a while now? Is Wolfram ill?

...

Cath's POV

"I said I'm going! You can't stop me!" Adan exclaimed. "That piece of trash! Dare to bring Wolfram to tears again!"

"Your Highness, please. You can't. You are the crown prince of this country. You can't just go in and out of the country as you please. You have your duties to attend to!" Nicolai sternly reminded him.

"No... I am going. You can't stop me. Get out of my way!" Adan still not budging, and still trying to get out of his room. I and Damian are currently in the hallway, outside his chambers, watching everything unfold.

"He can't... But we can." appeared the king and queen. "Nicolai leave us. Damian and Catherine, please join us inside."

"Mom... please let me go there with Catherine." he started. Yes, I already talked with the king and queen and received their permission. In fact, my belongings must already arrived at the port and are only waiting for me. But unlike me, Prince Adan have more important duties he must attend and he can't just leave them. Even Damian was not allowed to go with me.

"SON." the king's voice resonated in the room. "You can't. You have duties you must fulfill in this country. And you are already engaged!"

Yes, Adan is already engaged to another. Of course, no feelings are involved, it's purely political. And yes, the lady knows that the prince's heart has been conquered by Prince Wolfram. She knows everything.

"I'm not going there to mess my engagement up! I just want to comfort Wolfram! I know that as the crown prince of this country, I must marry a human princess to solidify my position. Yes, you drilled that in my head this past few months! And I am going to marry Lady Mira... I know I should. And I would!" he exclaimed.

"You and Damian have important duties to attend to. And you know that. That's why we can only let Catherine go there." my mother said. "Why don't you finish it all first, then you can follow suit."

"Sorry, sons. But I can't just let you go do as you please... act children running around, when you have responsibilities that can directly affect our country. I'm not saying you can't go there. But you must finish your duties first. Your mother is right." said the king.

Both the princes just clenched their fists and looked down, knowing they can't do anything else.

"I'll go there first and make sure he's okay. Hurry and finish your duties so you can help me make him smile there." I said.

In a few hours, I found my self in a ship traveling towards the country of magic.

Wait for me, Wolf. I'm coming

(To Be Continued)