Chapter 17

Retrieving Memories

A Kyou Kara Maou Fanfiction

(Sequel to 'Give Wolfram Back To Me')

Disclaimer: I do not own anything but the plot and my OCs, of course. Otherwise, this wouldn't be a fanfiction. Any resemblance to real life names, situations, etc. is pure coincidence.

All rights belong to Tomo Takabayashi, Temari Matsumoto, and Studio Deen

.

.

.

Chapter 17

Wolfram's POV

"It's been a while... Chichiue." I greeted but he didn't reply. Instead, he came down the stairs so fast – face painted with anger.

I get it, I messed up. I'm not married yet I got knocked up, and the father doesn't even want to marry me now. Haha... I'm sure my father is very angry and disappointed with me. I was preparing for a lengthy nagging when he swung at Al.

Well, it was a good thing that he dodged just in time, but he got off-balanced and tumbled to the side. I stood there shocked as I watch my elder siblings try to restrain our father.

"Wait... WAIT! You got it wrong! He's not the father..." I yelled as I also try to keep him away from the poor guy who's still on the floor, shocked.

"Wha... he's not?" My father finally calmed a bit after realizing that there was a misunderstanding. Al then got up immediately and straightened his clothes accompanied by a nervous laugh.

"No... he's not. We met in the carriage on the way here." I sighed. "He's here to talk with Sir Schulz about some business so I also let him in."

"It's... nice... to be here, my lords and lady," Al then greeted, with a nervous smile.

"Oh... Sorry. It was a misunderstanding. I hope you can forgive me. It's just the father in me, and Rammy is our youngest. I'm just overprotective." father said apologetically.

"No worries, my lord. No harm done, I was able to dodge in time *haha*," assured Al.

Amidst the conversation, Sir Schulz arrived. He greeted all of us before inviting Al to talk business with him in private. Al then excused himself and followed Schulz.

"Okay... now that he's gone," my sister started with a not so pleased face. "Why don't we also go and talk amongst ourselves about what we heard just now."

A dry and nervous laugh escaped from my lips as the three of them eyed me intensely. As we were going up the stairs, my brother supported me by encircling his arms around my shoulders and walking at my pace. Although his scowl still hasn't left his face. This... is gonna be a long talk. I sighed as we walked along the hallway leading to my father's study.

We all sat down, me beside my sister and across my father, while my brother was beside him.

"Any minute now, Rammy." My father said with an unimpressed face.

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and said all the things needed to be said. They already know about the Hexzalia thingy and even us preparing for the wedding. Heck, they're my family as well. They're involved in the preparation. So I started the story when the accident happened, and what transpired after that.

"And how did you get pregnant amidst all that?" my sister asked.

"Wait, how far along are you?" my brother interjected.

"I'm three months into the pregnancy." I said.

"Three months already?! When did you find out?" My father looked like he was questioning life.

"I found out last month. So far, only GIsela, Hahaue and the Maou's mother know. Well now, of course, you guys and that person in the carriage too" I said.

"No one else knew? Why? You didn't even tell Gwendal or Conrad?" father asked.

"No... I missed the chance to tell them. I was planning to announce my pregnancy to them when Yuuri's family finally arrived in Shin Makoku so that everyone will know at the same time. You know, like a pleasant surprise for everyone... But... yeah... everything about that plan went downhill and was left forgotten when Yuuri got into that accident." I said. My father looked really stressed by everything and was massaging the side of his forehead... trying to keep his calm.

"And then you ran away from there in the middle of the night, without any guards, while you're in the early stages of your pregnancy?!" my brother exclaimed. Oh... looks like I won't be able to escape the nagging about that.

"Sorry. I realize that it was an impulsive decision that I acted upon. But I couldn't stay there anymore. I felt like it wouldn't be good for me emotionally to stay there and be suffocated by the situation, tip-toeing around the maou. As you said, I'm in my early stages of pregnancy... and I didn't want to risk the possibility of miscarriage," I explained, putting my hand on my still flat stomach.

"Why couldn't you just tell him that you're pregnant and that he's the father? Wouldn't that quickly solve the problem that he doesn't want to marry you?" my sister probed.

"That's... that's actually my selfishness. I... I didn't want him to only marry me because I got pregnant. Although, yes, knowing Yuuri... he would feel like he needed to take responsibility and would agree to marry me. But he would only see our wedding just for that purpose. I want him to marry me because he loves me, not just because he felt responsible due to a night that he can't even remember. And what if he doesn't remember. That's no better than forcing him to marry me against his will, it feels like he's being held hostage by me in the marriage just because of our children. And because of that, he might never learn to love me. It was a reality I wasn't ready to face and might not be able to accept. And so...I chose to run away," I said – a lone tear escaped my eye and my sister embraced me gently upon seeing it.

And I guess I left them speechless. They would try to open their mouths many times, as if wanting to say something... but they would close it again, as if thoroughly thinking if it's the right thing to say. My sister hasn't let go of me in her embrace and is now gently rubbing my back.

It seems like they wouldn't be able to say a thing for a while if we stayed like that, so I chose to break the silence first. I gently escaped from my sister's embrace and smiled softly at her.

"Sister, I'm carrying not just one baby. I'm having twins." I beamed at her and then smiled at my father and brother's direction.

"Oh! Just like us!" my brother and sister said in unison.

Then we heard loud and hurried footsteps from outside.

"Brother! Where are you? We must talk! It's important" a voice thundered. Oh I know whose voice that is.

"Brother, are you here in the study? I received a letter from the capital this morning about –" uncle Waltorana stopped talking as soon as he threw the door open and saw me sitting there in the room.

"It's been a while, uncle." I greeted.

"Y-you... THIS LAD!!! " He yelled pointing at me. "Do you know how worried I was when I received the letter?! I rode a horse alone early in the morning from the center of Bielefeld to here because I didn't know how I would explain to your father everything just through a letter!" he was almost hysterical

"Sorry, uncle." I was truly apologetic.

"Oh, my blood pressure." he said softly while holding his nape.

"Now now, uncle, please sit down with us. Calm down a bit." my brother beckoned at the empty seat beside him, which my uncle gladly took.

And so we kinda repeated what was told in our conversation a while ago to uncle. But I still couldn't escape his nagging. We were in there for a few hours.

(TO BE CONTINUED)

A/N: Hi guys, this might be my last update for this month. I'm really busy with the review and trying lots of gigs to make money to pay for the review center. So I don't really know when i'll be able to update. Maybe December? Not really sure when T_T