Chapter 13

Retrieving Memories

A Kyou Kara Maou Fanfiction

(Sequel to 'Give Wolfram Back To Me')

Disclaimer: I do not own anything but the plot and my OCs, of course. Otherwise, this wouldn't be a fanfiction. Any resemblance to real life names, situations, etc. is pure coincidence.

All rights belong to Tomo Takabayashi, Temari Matsumoto, and Studio Deen

.

.

.

Chapter 13

Wolfram's POV

"Oh, hello there, beautiful creature." The man in front of me sat there with an expression of shock and delight. His mouth corners slightly in an upward tilt.

He's got good features to be honest. Straight dark blue hair that fades into a darker shade of blue towards the tips, a bit messily swept to the side. He has heterochromia. One eye is blue, while the other is green. He's got a defined jawline... his body is somehow built, but not that much. I'm assuming he's not from the ten noble families. He is dressed neatly, not necessarily extravagant or high-end, but his clothes wouldn't be something that commoners would be wearing just for a carriage ride. Maybe he's a lesser noble, or a vassal? Or from a prominent merchant family?

"... Good evening, sir." I replied.

"Oh, please just call me Alatus...or better yet, Al," he introduced.

"Then please call me Wolfram... or Rammy. It's what my father-side family calls me." I said and smiled politely.

"Well then Rammy, may I ask where are you headed?" he asked.

"Oh, I'm headed towards the northern outskirts of Bielefeld lands. I will board another carriage as soon as this carriage reaches the border between Grantz and Bielefeld," I said.

"Oh! I am headed there as well. I am the second son of the Schreiber family, we were a merchant family that became lesser noble during the last times of war. I am headed there for a north redwood trade opportunity," he explained.

"Well... me... I am a noble." I replied.

"A noble?! And you're traveling alone?" he was surprised.

"I - I'm the third son, both on my father-side and mother-side of my family. My parents are not together, you see." I said.

"Still, even if you're the third son..." he's still a bit skeptical.

"My destination is my father-side's estate. And I didn't want any of those complicated guards accompanying me," I said. "Well, good night! I'll catch some sleep. I'm pretty sure it will take hours before we reach Grantz anyway." And so I closed my eyes.

"Careful there, love. A gorgeous creature like you can't be so unguarded in front of a stranger. I might kiss you." he joked, but I didn't open my eyes, even a bit.

"You wouldn't dare, Al. The moment you do, you'll be reduced to ashes and I won't even feel apologetic as I smell your burning flesh." I retorted with a bit of a smirk then tried to fall asleep again.

Al's POV

Ooooh! Feisty! He's totally my type.

But I guess he's too oblivious of his beauty to even assume that I won't dare kiss him. Although yes, I said that as a joke and maybe to flirt with him a little. You know, testing the waters. But considering his reaction, it seems like he's used to it. But if morality ain't a thing, I would be already hovering over him.

That... as well as the fact that he's a fire mazoku. He sure left an impression that he was not to be messed with even whilst trying to sleep.

Now... what to do? My lone companion in this carriage is asleep. And I don't think I will fall asleep anytime soon. After all, I just woke up. I wanted to talk to the coachman to entertain myself but I can't risk my safety by waking the sleeping blonde in front of me. I just sighed and watched the passing scenery out the carriage window. We'll soon be leaving the capital city and the sound of bustling people was soon replaced by the sound of nature's nocturnal melody. The calming sound of the night breeze, paired with a symphony of cricket sounds.

I took my small notebook out of the small bag I had beside me, as well as a pencil. The scenery was starting to bore me and I just decided to draw something. I may not be very good at drawing, but it has become a hobby of mine irregardless. Now... What should I draw?

Then my eyes trailed to the sleeping person in front of me. Hmmm... yeah, why not. And I started doing my sketch.

After like a couple hours or so, and we were passing our fourth village on the way to our destination, my stomach grumbled. Oh yeah. I hadn't eaten yet. The coachman was right behind my seat so maybe if I knocked softly on the carriage, he would notice.

*knock knock*

"Yes, sir? Do you need anything?" I heard him ask.

"Oh yes. Can we make a stop here? I was getting kinda hungry. But don't stop the carriage abruptly. Blondie here is sleeping," I said.

"Sure, sir." and he started to slow our pace down until we made a full stop. Then I opened the carriage door and went near the coachman.

"I'll be quick, sir. Just gonna grab something to eat and then eat them in the carriage." I said and went around, looking for an open store to buy food. While I was there, I bought enough food for not only me but the coachman and my companion.

"Here you go, mister." I said as I gave the coachman his share of food that I bought. "It's on me."

"Oh! Many thanks, sir." he said. I then went in the carriage again, and we were on our way again not long after.

A few minutes into the ride, we were troubled by a broken bridge and so our coachman took the carriage on an alternative but not so smooth road. Rammy started to wake up, his face showed slight annoyance by the carriage's unpleasant shaking.

"Hi, it's almost dawn now – " he didn't even let me finish talking and loudly knocked on the carriage.

"Yes?" I heard the coachman from behind me.

"Sir, can you drive a bit slower? The road is too bumpy to be going this fast." he said.

"Rammy, let him off this once. We're on an alternative route right now. The bridge we were supposed to cross to get to the border of Grantz was damaged," I tried to reason with him.

"Uh, yes sir. Sorry about this. I was just making sure that you get to your destination on time," the coachman added.

"Please, just slow down. Don't mind the time. This excessive shaking is making me dizzy... and it sure is not good for the baby," Wolfram retorted, him holding back his annoyance was obvious by the tone of his voice.

"Wait, pregnant? Oh my, forgive me young sir. I didn't know, I'll drive more gently and comfortably for you from here on," the coachman's panicked voice can be heard.

Wait... He's pregnant?! But why!? And here I wanted to flirt with him and maybe have a chance to be together with this fiery, dangerous beauty.

"Y... You're pregnant?" I asked.

"Yes..." he replied nonchalantly.

"So... your husband let you ride the carriage alone? And you're a male! Judging by how you're not showing yet, your pregnancy must be in the most delicate and sensitive phase," I said, a bit surprised by how his husband would let such a beautiful spouse ride a carriage alone... at night... to somewhere far away.

"I don't have a husband. The father of my child doesn't want to marry me. And I don't want to stay there longer just to have my children be recognized as illegitimate." Oh now I'm pissed. Which lucky guy bedded this beauty and just left him on his own. No wonder he doesn't have anyone with him... his ex was a piece of work.

Wait... children? He's having twins at that?!

Hmmm.... What if...

Wolfram's POV

Right now, he must be thinking that I'm someone who sleeps around. Well, not that I really care. Soon enough, I'll be at my father's estate and I'm sure I'll be living in comfort. Maybe they'll even find a solution for my children.

"Sir, it might be presumptuous of me to ask you this... " The man in front of me started, I turned to look at him and his face was serious with a slight hint of determination and... was it pity?

"But for the children that you are carrying... Do you want to marry me?"

"$&%*#^%&*^#*%!?!?!?!"

It may be the only moment in my life that I swore like that.

(TO BE CONTINUED)