Chapter 16

Retrieving Memories

A Kyou Kara Maou Fanfiction

(Sequel to 'Give Wolfram Back To Me')

Disclaimer: I do not own anything but the plot and my OCs, of course. Otherwise, this wouldn't be a fanfiction. Any resemblance to real life names, situations, etc. is pure coincidence.

All rights belong to Tomo Takabayashi, Temari Matsumoto, and Studio Deen

.

.

.

Chapter 16

Yuuri's POV

I'm here in my room, laying down on the bed facing the ceiling... staring into nothing...

I locked the door. And even with their incessant knocks and calls, I don't bother to move an inch or even look towards the door. Now, there aren't any more knocks... they finally understood that I want to be alone and wallow in my own misery.

I lay here, wanting to contemplate on my choice of words and actions before; wanting to think of what to say when I meet Wolf again ... but I couldn't even form the right thoughts.

I feel sad... but surprisingly not enough to cry...or maybe I'm still just shocked by the news. Because... the only thing that's going through my mind right now is... why?

Why didn't he say anything about his pregnancy?

Not to me... even when I said that I might not want to marry... even when I obviously am the father though I couldn't remember anything that transpired for the odds to lead to this situation.

Why did he just let me pour everything I've been bottling up on him whilst he was suffering on his own as well in his delicate state? He just took everything... and endured...

Why did he leave... alone... in the middle of the night... to who knows where... in a weakened state?

Why did his brothers not know about his pregnancy?... nor Gunter... nor me...

But that person, Catherine, knows...

Why did I even corner him and insist that we talk even when I know he's not ready for such conversation yet just because I want to solve things then and there?

Why did I think he was okay?... when I should have known he would be the most affected by me losing my memories.

Why did I say those words to him?...and even if I needed Wolf to know how I feel about the situation, looking back... my choice of words were inconsiderate. It's true that I was suffering, but everyone else was too. And the worst part was, I think they understood where I was coming from and why I reacted like that and said those words – none of them truly blamed me. Not even Wolfram.

I guess, I was also just thinking of myself at the time... I was emotionally unstable.

And I guess, Wolfram was as well when he ran away in the middle of the night... that's why I can't blame him for doing what he did.

Why... why am I not as sad as I should be with this situation... In fact, there's been a warm feeling in my chest since a while ago that I seem to just have noticed when I'm finally in solitude.

Is it because he's pregnant and I'm gonna be a father? Well, of course, we already have Greta and she's a wonderful child. But now, I'll have biological children of my own.

But why do I even feel this way? I'm so confused...

Why don't I find it weird that he got pregnant even though he's a man? I'm even kind of relieved that he's got that kind of function... But why am I relieved about that?