Chapter 1

Retrieving Memories

A Kyou Kara Maou Fanfiction

(Sequel to 'Give Wolfram Back To Me')

Disclaimer: I do not own anything but the plot and my OCs, of course. Otherwise, this wouldn't be a fanfiction. Any resemblance to real life names, situations, etc. is pure coincidence.

All rights belong to Tomo Takabayashi, Temari Matsumoto, and Studio Deen.

A/N: Sorry for only posting the sequel now. My parents and I had an agreement that I wouldn't use wattpad, fanfiction.net and archiveofourown.org on my last year of high school until I graduate or they would take away my laptop. They said that I need to focus on my studies. And I did. I am going to graduate in a special science high school with honors. And they finally let me use wattpad, fanfiction.net and archiveofourown.org even though our graduation day is still in two weeks.

THANK YOU FOR THOSE WHO VOTED AND GAVE SUGGESTIONS. YOU'VE BEEN A BIG HELP.

TO THOSE WHO STILL WANT TO GIVE SUGGESTIONS... Please comment all you ideas, they're more than welcome... this is still the first chapter. Many things can happen in future chapters and I may include your suggestions.

A/N (2) : I am back again after finishing all mg college units ^_^ Sorry for the long delay.

Chapter 1

Wolfram's POV

I stretch out my right arm as a white messenger pigeon came flying towards me. It's still morning, we just finished eating our breakfast and I immediately went here right after. I'm in my room, gazing out the window. I then took the letter it was carrying and put the pigeon in a cage with bird feed and water. I immediately knew that the letter was from Catherine when I saw the seal.

Today, is exactly 8 months after we left Hexzalia. I keep in touch with Cath. We send each other letters weekly or sometimes, twice a week. At first, her relationship with Damian is not working out. Sure, they're engaged, but only on paper.

And yes, Damian is acting how a fiancé should – escorting her wherever she goes, pulling chairs for her, being gentle with her and all that... but she knows that in Damian's heart, he still hasn't learned to love her. I felt guilty about that because I know that Damian still hasn't gotten over me and it's causing a problem in their engagement – although Cath said that it's not my fault and she doesn't even blame me.

And Cath didn't force herself to Damian; she's not even making her move to get closer to him. She only acts as required for an engaged noble woman, doing her responsibilities to her fiancé as well as to her household and the royal family. She never even hoped that the prince would love her back. Sure it hurts her, I mean I know how it feels like to have someone you love, who you are engaged to but there's no love between you. And she's even fine spending her life like that.

At first, it really seemed like there's no hope for their relationship to grow. But slowly, Damian started to do things for her more than necessary; giving her gifts for no reason, spending more time with her, becoming more open to her, etc. At first, Cath thought it was because of pity and guilt that Damian feels for her and is offering a token of apology, trying to make it up for her somehow because he can't reciprocate her love. But I thought differently. I immediately thought that there could be a chance that Damian is slowly getting over me and is actually trying to turn his attention to Catherine. I thought that maybe he's learning to love her.

And he was... One day, Cath sent me a letter saying that Damian just asked her out on a date. And she even told me everything that transpired in that date. That girl... doesn't even know the word privacy, sharing something special like that to me. It's supposed to be something that only the two of them should know. And after some time, voila, they're a happy couple, engaged and in love. Yeah, it took them five months... or is it more? Anyways, I'm happy for them.