Chapter 3

Retrieving Memories

A Kyou Kara Maou Fanfiction

(Sequel to 'Give Wolfram Back To Me')

Disclaimer: I do not own anything but the plot and my OCs, of course. Otherwise, this wouldn't be a fanfiction. Any resemblance to real life names, situations, etc. is pure coincidence.

All rights belong to Tomo Takabayashi, Temari Matsumoto, and Studio Deen.

A/N: Well, well, well... Right now, I'm in a computer café to update this story. Why? Because we don't have wifi... Life really sucks when it gives you poop.

Chapter 3

Wolfram's POV

My eyes widened as the ball hit his head. My heart sunk and my breath stopped when I saw him collapse. A feeling of doom and panic suddenly enveloped me when I saw blood and when he didn't move. My breathing became rapid and my head started to get foggy. I start feeling light headed, fuzzy... and numb. I reach out to touch my chest but clutched it instead, it felt so tight. It was painful and it's getting harder and harder to breathe. I started to feel weak. I'm on the verge of collapsing myself.

"Wolfram!" I heard Gunter's voice and I pair of hands grabbed me by the shoulder as it steadies me. "Oh, Shinou! You're hyperventilating! Please clam down."

He then lifted me up and carried me to... actually I have no idea where he's taking me... nor I care. I couldn't even think straight. I feel like I'm about to die. It's suffocating, painful... yet I feel so numb. So this is hyperventilating... I closed my eyes.

"No! Open your eyes! You can't sleep! Please try to control your breathing. You just gotta have to." I heard his commanding yet full of concern voice. "I don't really know how hyperventilating works, I don't know how you're feeling right now, but please... don't close your eyes and try to stay conscious. I get this sort of feeling... like I feel scared that if you sleep right now, hyperventilating, I feel it won't be good - like you won't wake up again."

Wow, I'm quite surprised that he didn't rush to Yuuri, but to me instead. I'm also surprised that he's not panicking and cry out 'Heikaaaa!' and his eyes becoming waterfalls. I tried to control my breathing, like he said.

"I don't know, I'm not a healer but please... I'm trying to remain as calm as I can. Heika has collapsed, head bleeding. And Conrad hurried him to the infirmary. I was about to follow them when I saw you... I knew right then that I shouldn't panic- that I should leave Heika to Conrad and rush to your aid. But if you lose consciousness right now, I might really panic. So please." He said.

Somehow, not much, my breathing became less and less painful... just a bit; my chest doesn't feel as tight as before. We entered a room, and I knew from the scent of it, it's the infirmary. Gunter put me down on a bed.

Conrad's POV

I quickly ran to Yuuri's side. Shit, I threw the ball too fast, and too hard! I immediately carried the king to the infirmary and let the healers take over. What was I thinking? Why did I even pitch that hard? We were just playing catch... And I hit him straight on the head too. This is all my fault.

Oh right. Wolfram was there! In fact, Yuuri turned to Wolfram and greeted him when I was throwing the ball. Oh Shinou. I'll never hear the end of it from Wolfram. Wolfram saw everything. I think he would even forbid playing baseball in the kingdom for this. I'm sure he's on his way here now. I deserve the scolding... The door opened. Okay, here it comes.