ABHIGYANTA

(अनभिज्ञता / ignorance)

Adhavan walked near Abhidnya and stood in front of her, complete opposite to her thoughts. She too  thought that Adhavan will walk past by ignoring her but to her surprise, he stood in front of her.

Adhavan smiled looking straight in her eyes. Abhidnya could smell arrogance, haughtiness, dominance, confidence radiating from his eyes. His formal gestures of a nod with folded joined hands proved her intuition correct.

Adhavan didn't greet her as a friend or childhood lover but formally as a guest, a mere guest.

This action of Adhavan stabbed her heart with numerous pointed needles. He didn't simply ignore her but rejected her existence audaciously.

Abhidnya's heart raced in anticipating what should be her next move. She wanted to apologise him. She wanted to hug him and rant every single thing that happened in her life. She wanted to cry her heart out on his shoulders. She wanted to hear about him. She wanted to learn about his experience abroad. But she only kept staring at him as a lost puppy with a longingness prominent in her eyes.

Adhavan broke their gaze. He looked at other guests and continued greeting them with the same smile intact to his lips. Abhidnya kept looking at his back silently praying for Adhavan to look back at her but alas! her prayer went unheard. Adhavan proceeded farther and farther from her and she could do nothing but appreciate his presence. She was no different from others, for him.

Raghuram Raghuvanshi stood in the gallery attached to the balcony and proudly declared Adhavan as his successor.

"Ghani Ghamma. Humari asha aur apeksha hai ki aap sab manshik aur sharirik roop se susth hain. Humara aaj, yahan sabka ek jagah par ekatrit hone ka ek nirdisht karan hai. Humara samay aagaya hai ki hum aab aap sabko apke naye Rana sa se milwaye, Adhavan Abadhya Raghuvanshi"

His friends hooted for him along with his cousins. Adhavan joined his father in the gallery. He formally greeted everyone and then stood silently.
The crowd was confused at his sudden pause.

Adhavan then continued, "Hum India mein rehte hain. Ek Democratic desh mein. Mein Democracy ko Monarchy ke upar manta hun. Aap sab ka respect aur loyalty sirf aur sirf Bharat Sarkar ke taraf hona chahiye aur kisi ke taraf nhi. Aap mein se koi bhi meri ji huzuri nhi karega. Mera jitna hi aap sabka bhi iss desh mein utna hi haq hai. Mein aapse upar nhi hun ki aap mujhse niche nhi hain. Sanmaan (respect) ek taraf aur gulami dusri taraf. Mein respect pana pasand karunga par gulami accept nhi karunga. Kisi bhi samay koi bhi samasya ho aap sab mujhe nischint hokar bata sakte hain, mein apni Puri kosish karunga aap sabki sahayata karne ke liye. Mein zyada bolunga nhi kyu ki mein words mein nhi work mein believe karta hun. Aap sab bhi yahin hain mein bhi yahan hun, aap aur mein shabdh ko mita ke hum shabdh ke sath unati ke taraf aage badhenge hum"

With a curt nod, Adhavan descended down the stairs. Proud filled in the eyes of his family members. His friends were super casual as they knew him. The crowd was looking at him with admiration. Abhidnya was highly impressed with his thinking. She wanted to talk to him but he was like a water bubble which would burst into thin air by the time she reached him.

The entire day passed like this. Adhavan is busy with his associates and Abhidnya is busy adoring him from afar. There is something which wanted her to stay close to him. His every jaw twitch gave her goosebumps, while his eyes made her fall for him again and again.

It was lunch time when Kartavya approached Abhidnya with a plate filled with delicacies.

"Usse esse dur se dekhne se nahi mann bharega aur nahi pet" Kartavya said with a sweet smile

Abhidnya reciprocated the smile while accepting the lunch plate "Kartavya bhaisa......bade dino baad mili aap se, aap kese hain?"

"The same dialogue......as usual rising and shining" Kartavya shrugged to which Abhidnya nodded her head in response.

ODIO AMOR जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें