Chapter 1

A story dedicated to prijongsuk :)
Hope you will enjoy this na :)

[Pat's POV]

I just glared at my dad. He really could be an ass if he wanted to be. "What makes you think you can just do that and I will go along with it?!"

"Well if you don't, you can forget about seeing Pran again. Make up your mind."

"What the heck?! Por, how could you?!"

"Trust me, there's more I can do. It's just for 3 months. Do it and come back. Then I let you be with your Pran."

I glared at my dad. I stomped off, pissed as fuck over the impending move. My dad really wanted me to have "a taste of the world" in his own opinion and wanted me to volunteer at this military base for 3 months. Since I had been from Engineering, I was assigned to work on some projects for them whilst there. Pran was away in Scotland studying and would be back for good in about 5 months.

I packed my bags and the next day, at 4am sharp, a car came by to pick me up. I just looked forlornly at my house as we drove away. I texted Pran who read my messages but didn't reply me. I guess he was busy. I knew he would reply me later so I wasn't too concerned. I reached the camp base around 6am and was ushered to an office, coming face to face with an officer. His name tag wrote "Sgt.Phupha".

I looked up at him; I was relatively tall but this dude still hovered over me.

"Sgt? I'm Pat, I'm the new assignee to the Engineering side. I was told to see you?"

"Napat Jindapat? Welcome. Pleased to have you here. I will get one of my boys to show you to your bunker."

"Okays. You can call me Pat if its ok. It sounds too formal, when you call me by my name."

Phupha just looked at me and nodded. I just watched as he left. Very soon, one of his boys came over and they sent me to my bunker. It was a relatively fuss free trailer like bunker, furnished with a desk, bed and a fan. I kept away my luggage, unpacking my clothes and hanging them up plus setting up my laptop and all.

I looked at my phone but still no messages from Pran. In fact, he was online but he didn't respond. I decided to try and give him a call but it went unanswered. I frowned. It was really unlike Pran to not reply me back. I was still looking at my phone, typing out a message when someone knocked on the door. I turned to see Phupha standing there.

"Are you ready?"

"For?"

"Your project? Work starts now."

"Owh. I..okays sure. Let me get my things."

Phupha nodded and turned away to wait at the door, whilst I collated my things.

"Let's go."

"Do you need help? With carrying your things?"

"Not necessary. It's fine. Where are we headed to?"

"Another camp base. Its about 5km from here. The ride is out here. Let's go."

We climbed into the jeep and it was a silent ride. I kept looking at Pran's chat but there were no replies.

"I know it stings. But it's ok. You will get used to it."

I looked at Phupha confused.

"What are you on about?"

"Your dad told me. I know it will take you time. But don't worry. Hopefully work will keep you distracted. We are also thankful you agreed."

"What the heck are you on about?"

"Your boyfriend. This Pran. He left you right? That's why your dad sent you here. To ensure you don't dwell on your pain."

"What are you saying?! Stop this jeep now!" I shouted at Phupha.

He was stunned. The jeep came to a screeching halt. I got out of the jeep, my heart thudding wildly. What was he going on about?!

"What are you saying? Repeat it again. From the start."

Phupha looked at me, curiously stunned. He recounted on how my dad had approached him, asking him to create a stint for me to be away so that I will not dwell on the pain.

"I didn't break up with Pran. Neither did he. My father.. did he lie to me or you?"

Phupha looked stunned. His eyes narrowed when he heard that.

I decided to call my father. But before I could, Phupha stopped me.

"You don't need to call him. I am sending you home. These are things you need to sort with your dad and I don't fancy being in the middle of it. We need the help but not when it's not consensual. We will go back to the bunker. I get someone to pick you up and send you home."

I looked at Phupha stunned. What was going on here? The drive back to my bunker was a quiet one. Phupha told me to be ready and that he will send someone along shortly. He came back an hour later.

"Thought someone is coming?"

"Everyone is busy. Come on, I will send you back. Let's go and we can make it by 2pm."

I nodded, grabbing my bag. The ride home was quiet and deafening. Finally, around 2pm, I reached my house. I bade Phupha goodbye who said he will wait till I went into my house safely.

I walked up to the main door which was slightly ajar. I could hear my parents talking and their words sent me into a dizzy whirlpool.

"Don't you think we ought to have told Pat? He's going to wonder when Pran doesn't reply his messages and calls."

"What do you want me to do? Tell Pat that hey your boyfriend moved to Scotland not to study but to get married to please his parents?! Pat would just think I made the whole thing up. At least this way, we bought 3 months worth of time. We figure it out when Pat comes back. For now, we jsut gotta keep this on the down low."

I gasped silently and took a step back. I took another and bumped into someone. I turned to see Phupha hold onto me so I will not stumble.

What the fuck was going on?