𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 1: 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝐵𝑜𝓎 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝐼𝒸𝑒𝒷𝑒𝓇𝑔

•~•~•~•~•
Kalla's P.O.V
•~•~•~•~•

If anybody has ever said being out in the middle of the ocean, fishing with your siblings was a fun family activity, they were wrong. So very wrong.

Currently, I was sitting in a boat in the middle of the ocean, surrounded by ice and water with my two younger siblings, Sokka and Katara. You would think that would be somewhat relaxing, but not in my family. Arguing is very common between the three of us, and this fishing trip was no exception. Around 10 minutes ago, we all fought about who was the better fisher.

Yeah, we were pretty ridiculous, to say the least.

"It's not getting away from me this time," Sokka said, his whale tooth saber held up high in the air while he looked around in the water, a grin on his face. "Watch and learn, guys. This is how you catch a fish."

Katara and I glanced over at him, uninterested. We turned to each other and both of us shared a deadpanned look, silently agreeing on how annoying he was being right now before going back to what we were doing before.

I focused on the water in front of me, closing my eyes in concentration. I lifted my hand up and opened my eyes to find a small stream of water, to my delightful surprise. I moved it around and made it swirl around me before I lost my connection with it and it plopped back into the water with a small splash.

I huffed in annoyance and sat back down on the boat, resting my hand on my cheek and watched as Sokka attempted to catch a fish with a bored look on my face.

Suddenly, Katara excitedly exclaimed, "Kalla, Sokka, look!

I turned my head to see a fish trapped in a bubble of water, courtesy of Katara, who was moving it around. I felt a wide smile pull at the corners of my lips as I walked over to where she stood at the edge of the boat.

"Great job, Katara! You caught a fish, and with waterbending too!" I beamed.

She turned to me with a smile on her face before she refocused on the fish.

"Shhh, Katara, Kalla— you guys are gonna scare it away," Sokka whispered to us, still focused on catching the fish hes been trying to catch for about 5 minutes now. "Mmm, I can already smell it cooking."

I rolled my eyes at my younger brother. He never pays attention.

"But, Sokka, I caught one!" Katara told him, continuing to move the fish in the bubble around until it was over Sokka's head and I could already see where this was gonna go wrong.

"Uh, Katara, maybe you should—" I started, but it was already too late as Sokka lifted his saber in the air, ready to catch the fish.

He ended up popping the bubble over his head.

I facepalmed as the water went falling down onto Sokka, who let out a scream at the contact of what I assumed was very cold water, considering the environment we were in. The fish went jumping back into the water as Katara yelled out, "Hey!"

Sokka turned back to us, a glare on his face before he said, frustrated, "Why is it that every time you play with magic water, I get soaked?"

I walked over to him and flicked him on the forehead, making him yelp in pain. "It's not magic, genius." I said dryly, not missing the glare he sent me in response of the forehead flick.