𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 5: 𝐼𝓂𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑜𝓃𝑒𝒹

•~•~•~•~•

"𝒾'𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒 𝓊𝓅, 𝒾'𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒 𝓊𝓃𝒶𝒻𝓇𝒶𝒾𝒹, 𝒾'𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒 𝓊𝓅."

•~•~•~•~•

After a few hours of flying, the team decided to make a quick stop for food. Kalla, Katara, and Aang all waited for Sokka, who volunteered to look for some, patiently as they took the time as an opportunity to rest.

A few more minutes passed by and they heard light footsteps trail through the grass. They looked up to see Sokka walking towards them, a bag that looked to be filled with food in his hand.

Aang excitedly jumped up from the rock he sat on, landing next to Katara. "Great, you're back! What's for dinner?"

"We've got a few options." Sokka said as he stuck his hand in the bag, pulling out a nut. "First, round nuts and some kind of oval-shaped nuts?" He paused, pulling out something else that did not look edible. "And some rock-shaped nuts that— might just be rocks."

The three looked at the boy quizzically, but he just smiled, throwing some nuts on the ground. "Dig in!"

"Seriously, what else you got?" Katara asked, thinking it was just some weird joke.

"What do you mean? This is our dinner!" Sokka exclaimed, feeling offended.

"...You expect us to get full on nuts?" Kalla asked as she picked up one of the nuts and held it up to her face to look at it closer with a judgmental look.

"Look, beggars can't be choosers, okay?" Sokka retorted, putting his hands up in defense.

Just as Kalla was about to make another remark, a loud boom rattled the earth below their feet. Everyone abruptly looked up, looking around to see where the noise was coming from.

"What was that?" Sokka asked shakily, but the only answer he got was another boom!

"It's coming from over there!" Aang told them, pointing in the direction that the loud noise seemed to be coming from.

Aang, Katara, and Kalla began to run towards it, making Sokka watch them run off with an exasperated look on his face. "Aren't we supposed to run away from loud booms, not towards them?"

They ignored the boy, continuing to run towards the area the sound was coming from, giving Sokka no other choice but to follow them begrudgingly.

Eventually, they came across a young man wearing light green clothing in the middle of a ditch. They rushed to hide behind a fallen tree, peeking their heads out to see what the young man was doing.

They watched as the man pointed his hands towards a large rock on the ground and moved his arms, lifting it from where it sat. He pushed his hands forward, sending it into the wall opposite from where he stood.

"He's an earthbender!" Kalla gasped.

"Let's go meet him!" Aang spoke with a grin.

Sokka only narrowed his eyes at the young man, speaking his next words seriously. "He looks dangerous, so we better approach cautiously."