𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 8: 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒲𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓇𝒷𝑒𝓃𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒮𝒸𝓇𝑜𝓁𝓁

~☾~☼~☾~☼~

"𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒'𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒾𝓃𝒸𝒽𝑒𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝒷𝑒𝓉𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝓊𝓈."

~☾~☼~☾~☼~

Aang paced back and forth on the back of Appa's saddle, breathing heavily and looking troubled. Kalla and Katara watched in concern while Sokka sat in the front, steering Appa.

Sokka glanced back at the younger boy. "Would you sit down? If we hit a bump, you'll go flying off!" He exclaimed, exasperated. "What's bugging you anyway?"

"It's what Avatar Roku said!" Aang told him, his hands on his head. "I'm supposed to master all four elements before that comet arrives!"

"Well, let's see—" Sokka started with a mock-thoughtful look on his face. "You pretty much mastered airbending and that only took you a hundred and twelve years. I'm sure you can master three more elements by next summer!"

Kalla looked over at her brother from where she sat in the back, giving him a stink look.  "If nothing helpful is going to come out of that big mouth of yours, you might as well shut it!"

Before Sokka could retort to his sisters remark, Aang began to pace again. "He's right! I haven't even started waterbending, and we're weeks away from the North Pole! What am I gonna do?"

"Calm down, it's gonna be okay." Katara spoke gently, grabbing onto the boys wrist and pulling him down to sit in front of her. "If you want, I can try and teach you some of the stuff I know." She glanced back at her older sister. "And I'm sure Kalla wouldn't mind teaching you some of her moves too, right?"

Kalla nodded, flashing Aang a reassuring smile. He returned it with a smile of his own, looking between the two girls. "You'd do that?"

"Of course!" Kalla said, scooting over to where they sat.

"We'll need to find a good source of water first." Katara said, going to look over the edge of the saddle.

Aang and Kalla followed, the three looking around for a good water source. Sokka looked back at them, a sarcastic smirk on his face. "Maybe we can find a puddle for you to splash in."

~☾~☼~☾~☼~

A few minutes later, they were able to find a big lake with a waterfall. They all stood in front of it with wide grins on their faces, except for Sokka.

"Nice puddle." Sokka deadpanned.

Appa flew over the lake, diving in and making a big spalsh!

"Yeah!" Aang cheered. "Don't start without me boy!" He went to take his shirt off so he could join, but Katara stopped him.

"Remember the reason we're here." She said with a knowing look, making the boy glance back at her with a sheepish smile.

"Oh...right." He chuckled nervously. "Time to practice waterbending!"

Sokka walked up to the three, a bored look on his face. "Great— so, what am I supposed to do?"

"I don't know, figure something out." Kalla shrugged, doing a few stretches to loosen her muscles up.

He narrowed his eyes at her. "Thanks for all the help, Kalla."