𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 7: 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒲𝒾𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒮𝑜𝓁𝓈𝓉𝒾𝒸𝑒, 𝒫𝒶𝓇𝓉 2: 𝒜𝓋𝒶𝓉𝒶𝓇 𝑅𝑜𝓀𝓊

•~•~•~•~•

"𝒾'𝓂 𝑔𝑜𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒷𝓎 𝓎𝑜𝓊."

•~•~•~•~•

The three Water Tribe siblings watched as Aang got Appa ready to go to Crescent Island in the Fire Nation, where he would be able to talk to Avatar Roku. Although they were reluctant, they were ready to follow their friend wherever he went.

Just as they were about to climb onto Appa, however, Aang stepped in front of them, stopping them in their tracks. They all looked at the boy, who held a solemn look on his face, with confusion.

"What are you doing, Aang?" Katara asked with a raised brow.

Aang sighed in response. He looked up to meet their gaze, a frown on his face. "You guys aren't coming with me."

Their eyes widened in shock, and Kalla immediately stepped up. "What do you mean we're not coming with you? Of course we are!"

"Don't you know how dangerous the Fire Nation can be?" Katara added on, concern clear in her blue eyes.

"That's exactly why you can't come with me." Aang admitted, turning around and boosting himself off the ground and into the air, landing on top of Appa. "I would never forgive myself if any of you got hurt..." He mumbled, his head hung low.

He didn't want to stay long enough to hear any of their objections, so Aang pulled on Appa's reins, preparing to fly off. Before he could, though, the three moved to stand in front of Appa to prevent him from going any further.

Aang stared at them, dumbfounded. "Guys—! What are you doing? I have to go talk to Avatar Roku!"

"Not on your own, you're not." Kalla said with a tone of finality and a pointed look, her arms crossed over her chest.

"We've got your back, kid." Sokka added, a small smirk tugging at his lips.

Katara looked up at the boy, a desperate look in her eyes that he just couldn't ignore. "Yeah, Aang. We're your friends!" She paused, a hand over her heart as she spoke her next words. "We can't lose you...I can't lose you."

Aang looked at the three of them with a look of disbelief. After he found out his whole nation had been killed off, he had felt so alone. He had felt that there was no one left in this world that would understand or care for him.

That was until three brunettes dressed in blue reassured him that he would never be alone as long as he had them and that they were his family now. That they would stay by his side, no matter what.

His family wanted to help him, and it didn't seem like they were going to let him leave without them.

A small smile graced the young Avatar's face. "Get on."

Their looks of worry quickly melted into looks of relief, smiles of their own pulling at their lips.

•~•~•~•~•

Kalla let out a soft yawn as the wind blew through her hair, the cool breeze hitting against her skin. They'd been flying for hours and she hadn't gotten any sleep, even taking turns with Aang guiding Appa so he could get some sleep.