🎀Prologue🎀

Up until I was seventeen, I had a pretty uneventful life

Up until I was seventeen, I had a pretty uneventful life. I had never been outside the house because, as Momma said, it wasn't safe. One time she had told me that there are dangerous people outside who would love nothing more than to hurt myself and her.

Despite not going outside of the house, I loved learning. Momma valued education and enrolled me into online school. I also loved to paint, it calmed my soul and always seemed to put me in a good mood. When I was ten though, Momma began to have fits where she would go crazy saying she saw people in our house coming for her. Sometimes it got to be to much for me so I had to leave the room she was in, I always felt extremely guilty when I did that though.

As the years passed, the fits became more frequent and more intense. They could sometimes last for hours or even days. As a result, me and Momma's relationship began to become weaker. It was okay though because I knew she still loved me. By the time I turned seventeen, she would usually be able to tell when they were beginning and would hide in her room telling me to not come in. She never blamed me but I had so much time to think that I began to blame myself.

It feels so truly awful watching the one person in your life slowly turn into someone they are not right before your eyes. I know that somewhere deep down inside of her though, my momma's still there.