4: 𝕃𝕒𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕚𝕔

𝘓𝘢𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘪𝘤- saying much in few words

——————————🎀🎀——————————

Giovanni only nods his head after my rather odd statement and walks out of the room. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to follow him, but I do anyway.

The place I'm in seems to be an apartment, a very fancy apartment; it might even be a penthouse, which I think is so cool. How fun would it be to literally live in the clouds!? The room I was in before was definitely a guest bedroom based on the neutral design. I only catch a glimpse of the kitchen, but from what I can see it looks grand.

I imagine Giovanni baking cookies with his mama when he was younger, just like I did with my mama. The soothing thought brings a faint smile to my face.

"Your shoes are over there by the door," Giovanni says as he heads into another room, probably grabbing something.

I look over to see my Mary Janes neatly placed next to Giovanni's shoes. He doesn't seem to have many, but the ones he does have are expensive-looking and huge. His feet are double the size of mine!

Once I finish buckling my shoes, I stand up to see Giovanni watching me intently... alrighty then, that's not mildly disturbing at all. Just kidding, the way he looks at me is not at all disturbing. In fact, it's comforting. It makes me think he might actually care for me, which is nice to know.

"Ready?"

"Ready," I say, more than a little anxious. I need his help though, I can't give up.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

My leg bounces up and down like a sewing machine as we get closer to my house. Luckily I know my address and there's something called a GPS that can show you how to get to places. If I wasn't in this situation, I probably would've obsessed over the device.

Giovanni has a very pretty black car. The interior is just as fancy as the exterior and the confidence the car seems to give him is reassuring. I can do this.

And then we turn on my street. I can see my house now, our house. Maybe I can't do this. The tears flood my eyes again and my leg is violently bobbing up and down. Oh god. Giovanni simply places his hand on my leg in a reassuring way as he pulls into the driveway. My hands and breath are shaky as I try to undo my seatbelt to no avail. In my struggle, I fail to notice the door on my side swinging open and Giovanni unbuckling me. His hand gently grips mine as he pulls me out of the car.

I think I might be going into shock. Instead of confronting the foreign emotions clouding my mind, I walk to the front door and take a deep breath. I can do this, for Mama. Opening the door to our house, a familiar scent washes over me bringing with it fresh tears to my face. Mama.

"What I'm going to show you is, um, probably not something you're expecting, and I totally understand if you don't want to help anymore, but I really would appreciate it. I'm not trying to guilt trip you into helping me though-"

"I'm sure I can handle it, now please, lead the way."

I don't bother breathing as we ascend the creaking staircase. When we do reach the top of the stairs though, an awful stench hits my nose. I almost throw up, except I don't have time for that. I decide to rip the bandaid off before he asks any questions and lead him into what's left of Mama's room.

It looks the same way I left it. Her now eerily pale body lying in the middle of the floor smeared in blood. The same blood I'm still covered in.

"Mama," I whisper and run over to her and cradle the person who took care of me for all of those years. Her hands are cold which only breaks my heart more. I silently sob as Giovanni probably thinks I'm crazy.

"G-gio, you've g-gotta he-help m-me. Mama's d-dead. I w-wasn't th-there for h-her, an-and now I-I don't know w-what to do-o. Please."

Giovanni doesn't say anything, instead, he slowly approaches me as tears flow down my face. He gently unlatches me from my mother and picks me up in a strong hold. Then he begins walking us out of Mama's room and into mine next door. After untucking the covers, Gio sets me down and tucks me in. Suddenly I realize just how exhausted I truly am. All of the emotions are catching up to me all at once and it's very overwhelming.

"Sleep Angelo, it'll be alright."

So what do I do? I fall asleep.

——————————🎀🎀——————————