18: ℝ𝕖𝕕𝕒𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕪

𝘙𝘦𝘥𝘢𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘺- the act of loving the one who loves you; a love returned full

——————————🎀🎀——————————

Rose's POV:

Wait; he loves me? Oh my goodness, he loves me!

Before I have time to overthink his words, his head slowly dips into mine. He pauses before our lips can connect though and looks into my eyes silently asking for permission. A smile lights up my face as I nod and close the gap impatiently, and then our lips are touching.

Gio naturally leads the kiss as I try to follow along. Suddenly, I feel his tongue parting my lips and I welcome the new sensation. I'm feeling so many emotions all at once and soon, I find myself breaking the kiss to catch my breath.

It takes me a few seconds, but when I do I blurt out, "I-I think I love you too."

And I mean it. I'm not just saying 'I love you' because I feel obligated to do so; I mean it with my whole heart. I think I've known it for a while now, I just wouldn't admit it to myself.

The words 'I love you' aren't something I like to throw around carelessly. They're special to me. Saying those words means you fully commit yourself to someone. 'I love you' means that you wouldn't just die for someone, but you would live for them.

I will do more than just live for Giovanni. He is my life and the very thing that keeps me going through the rough and the good times. So yes, I do truly love Gio.

Perhaps we are taking things too quickly; after all, it has only been about a month. Yet when I'm with him, I can't seem to bring myself to care. It seems as if our souls have known each other for centuries and the universe was just waiting for the perfect moment to bring us together physically.

When I look into his eyes, I see more than just adoration; I see a future. I see a withered flower waiting to be given a chance to become something more wonderful than it already is. I see my very heart in his hands as he protects it at all costs.

"Can we do that again?" I shyly ask as a blush coats my cheeks.

Giovanni chuckles and nods his head, "I was thinking the same thing."

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

While we eat a late lunch, I find myself deep in thought about my and Gio's relationship. If he loves me and I love him, is he my boyfriend? I've never been in a relationship and I don't want to assume the wrong thing.

I could ask him directly but I don't want to send the wrong message or pressure him into something he doesn't want. Plus, what if I'm moving too quickly? Maybe to him, the word 'love' isn't super important and he throws it around carelessly; though if that were true, I'd be devastated.

Ugh, people-ing is so hard!

I don't realize that I've zoned out until Gio begins to wave his hand in front of my face. I mutter out a sorry and bow my head down a bit while a rosy tint begins to take over my face.

"It's ok mio fragolina. What are you thinking about?" As he says this, his hand slowly moves to cup my cheek in a comforting manner and I subconsciously lean into his touch.

"Nothing." Just overanalyzing yet another situation.

"I know that face, it's your overthinking face which means it's not nothing; what's got you worried?" he stubbornly insists.

"It's seriously nothing. I guess I'm just a little tired." Tired of lying to you.

"Rose, I can't help you if I don't know what's wrong. Please tell me so we can figure out whatever is bothering you together."

"Well, I, um, I was just wondering... areyoumyboyfriend?" I rush out at the end.

"I didn't hear you, you're going to have to say that again," Gio smirks as he says this and I blush profusely.

"Are-are you my boyfriend now? It's ok if you don't want to be though I don't want to push you into something you don't want-" I'm cut off when he suddenly puts a finger up to my lips to shush me.

"I don't just want to be your boyfriend; I want to be your life and your soul." He pauses for a moment as if contemplating if he wants to continue.

Giovanni must have decided too though because in a determined voice he begins to speak again, "And eventually, I want to be your husband and the father of your children but most importantly, I want to be the one you call yours. I want you to know that no matter what, I will always be here for you; understand that when I said I love you, I meant it."

Hot tears rush down my face as I absorb his words and the truth behind them. Giovanni gazes at me lovingly as he soothes my worries and lets me be my emotional self.

"Rosary, if you are willing to let me, I'll show you what true love is."

——————————🎀🎀——————————