15: 𝕋𝕠𝕣𝕡𝕖

𝘛𝘰𝘳𝘱𝘦- a man who is desperately in love with a woman but cannot admit his feelings

——————————⚜️⚜️——————————

Giovanni's POV:

A soft yawn escapes Rosary's lips as her eyes begin to droop.

"Is my angioletto tired?" I question already knowing the answer. She simply nods her head and continues to lay her head in my lap.

I scoop her small body up in my arms princess-style and begin to walk towards her room (at my apartment) when she squeaks out a 'stop'.

"What's wrong principessa?" My eyebrows furrow slightly in confusion.

"Can I," she stops as a blush begins to coat her cheeks, "Um, can I sleep in your room?" She whispers so quietly that if I wasn't paying attention, I wouldn't have heard it.

"Of course."

Even if I wanted to, I could never say no to Rose so I turn around and carry her into my room. After tucking her in, I get up to leave assuming she wants some time to herself.

"Wait, no! Please don't leave me Gio," my little baby cries out. Immediately I turn around and get underneath the covers with her. Bringing her head to my chest I wipe away a lone tear on her cheek and begin shushing her to sleep.

"Please no more tears, they break my heart," I say while stroking her soft hair. "As long as you want me by your side, I will stay; I promise." Gently I grab her pinky with mine to seal the deal. She sleepily nods her head a little and soon enough, all that can be heard is her slow, soft breathing.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

"Hey Gio?" Rose's soft voice questions as she tilts her head up to face me.

"What's up baby?"

"Can I see your tattoos?" She's pauses for a moment before adding, "Only if you're ok with it though."

I move my hand to brush some hair out of her face and smile at her, "Of course principessa."

Slowly, I move her off of me and sit up a bit. After removing my shirt I lay back down and carefully watch the little strawberry's reaction. Her eyes widen at first and she blushes (I can't imagine she's ever seen a man let alone a shirtless one before me) but then she becomes entranced with the ink permanently etched into my skin.

Feathery-soft finger tips gently sweep up and down my torso and chest as she gently traces every single tattoo I have. My body begins to tingle slightly as her fingers glide along the cursive located just underneath my pec. I watch as she slowly leans down and places little butterfly kisses everywhere.

"So pretty," she manages to mumble out and for a few moments we just sit in my bed in a trance. Neither of us speaks as we try to decipher the unspoken words in each other's eyes.

I carefully lift my hand and cradle the side of her face. Her delicate eyes close and I let out a sigh of contempt.

"I got my first tattoo after my mother passed away from cancer." I find myself whispering out. Her brilliant doe eyes open as she gazes at me in adoration urging me to continue.

"I was so young, only ten. The doctors warned us she wouldn't make it and yet when she passed, it felt like a complete shock. My mother was my life." I look at her for a second before continuing, "She would have loved you, I just know it. She had such a pure soul just like you."

Again I pause as I move to show her the tattoo of a bird taking flight. Although the ink is more faded than the rest of my tattoos, you can still see the bird's wings are spread out as it bravely journeys into the unknown.

"The bird represents my mother's soul as it battles against its unseen enemies and flys to a better place." I look back at Rose to see tears flowing down her face and I move to wipe them away. It's not until she lifts her hands to my face and does the same for me that I realize I too am crying.

My arms wrap around her and I place my head in the crook of her neck. She rubs my head and whispers sweet nothings to me as I silently relive the pain.

"Hey, it's okay Gio; she's so proud of you, I know it. She sounded like a wonderful person and now you get to keep living your life in honor of her." I don't see her face but I feel her soft smile tilting up the corners of her mouth as she continues to comfort me.

When I take my head away to look at her I don't see pity in her eyes like I did in everyone else's when Mamma first passed away; instead I see a fierce look of admiration. Without uttering a word, she slowly moves and delicately kisses my cheek.

Why do I wish it was my lips?

A radiant smile beams on her face as she leans back and looks into my eyes searching for something.

"Thank you amore," I whisper. "I see so much of her in you."

"That's a good thing right?" She jokes as a fit of giggles attacks her.

"Yes; it's the best thing," I respond with a smile.

Maybe it's the fact that Rose is willing to sacrifice literally anything for other people or the fact that she never judges me but I start to feel my heart aching in a way it never has before. It feels as if my body is screaming at me to devote itself to the naive beauty in front of me.

My god, I'm in love; what a foreign feeling.

——————————⚜️⚜️——————————

A/N;

If you're reading this, I just wanted to give a short message. It's okay to cry. It doesn't matter if you're a guy, girl, or anything in between. You're still human; you have emotions and feelings and despite common belief, crying doesn't mean you're weak. Sometimes tears are necessary and they definitely show bravery. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

Love,
StrawberrySmoothie