11: 𝕂𝕒𝕚𝕣𝕠𝕤𝕔𝕝𝕖𝕣𝕠𝕤𝕚𝕤

𝘒𝘢𝘪𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘤𝘭𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘪𝘴- the moment when you realize you're happy

——————————🎀🎀——————————

Rose's POV:

On the ride to Giovanni's surprise, I'm practically jumping with joy. I can't help but wiggle in anticipation! I don't think I've been this excited since, well since I can remember.

I adored Mama, and I treasured the life we shared in our little house; it was predictable, safe, and loving. Yet, the part of life Giovanni has shown me recently has made me realize how much I truly missed out on.

When I was stuck inside, I was never able to experience life to its full extent. Every day, I would wake up and do pretty much the same thing; I lived an incredibly monotone life.  (cue "When Will My Life Begin")

Being so sheltered may have kept me from feeling soul-crushing pain for the first seventeen years of my life, but it also kept me from knowing the exhilaration of spontaneity and being able to truly live my life. Was all of my mother's worrying worth it? After all, not even she could protect me from the world in the end.

I'm brought back to the present by Gio's gentle yet deep voice. "Close your eyes," he commands softly and I obey without a second thought. I feel the car slow to a stop followed by the door on Giovanni's side opening and closing. A few seconds later, my door opens and two strong arms lift me out of the car. I squeak at the unexpected contact and pull myself closer to him for stability.

"You still have your eyes closed right Angioletto?" Gio asks as I cling to him like a koala.

{Little angel}

"Yup!" I promised, "Where are we?" the curiosity was killing me.

"I can't tell you silly goose, it would ruin the surprise."

"Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee?" I beg trying to get him to change his mind.

"Nope, not a chance." He chuckled and I know it's a hopeless cause.

"Ugh, you're no fun!" I mumble under my breath hoping he won't hear it, but he does.

"I'm no fun?" I might not be able to see him, but I have a feeling that one of his perfectly sculpted eyebrows is raised in question right now.

My resolve fades a bit but I still want to show him how inconsiderate he is being so I nod my head up and down with a frown on my face.

"Well, if I'm no fun then I guess we don't need to see the surprise..." He's obviously baiting me into apologizing and it works because I really want to see the surprise. Did I mention I love them? Well, the good surprises at least.