Chapter 16: The Deity of Vortex

The Sanctuary was not what they were expecting to see...

They were expecting Paradise...but they were welcomed with disaster.

"Y/n... what...happened here?" Fang asked as you kept silent. You stared at the place. It was still the same sanctuary since you left. Except that the flames died down, the falling debris have fallen  completely.

"Let's go... the answers we seek are at the sanctuary's temple... it's far from here... it'll take us 5 to 6 hours to get there" you say and started to walk down the hill.

"WHAT? How big is this place?! The door is big but how did this whole sanctuary fits in the door?!" Gopal exclaimed and Boboiboy covered his mouth and just followed you behind.

You walked through the dead forests, the ruined villages and abandoned cities. The memories of the fall of your home came back to your mind. While walking, you spotted a familiar shelter. It was the orphanage you used to go with your brother to help the children. Your eyes went wide as you stop on your tracks. Instead of following the path, you ran towards the orphanage.

Everyone was shocked by your action as you stop at the door of the orphanage. Behind the door stumbled skeletons of the orphanage staff and the children. Your eyes darted in torture as you saw them all.

"This is...an orphanage" Yaya says as she looks around with the gang. You went in deeper in the orphanage and reached the dining hall. There were skeletons of children that was on the table as if they were literally killed.

"Once I can walk, I will visit you at the capital, brother B/n and sister Y/n!"

Your eyes looked around and targeted the right wing's door and you ran in.

"Y/N WAIT! Where are you going?!" Boboiboy called out.

You ran up the stairs and reach the hallway where rooms of children are. Seeing the staff of the orphanage lying down as bones. You walked slowly as you reached a certain room. You hesitated to open the door as you bit your lip and opened it.

Your eyes were in horror as you see who was there. It was a lady who once helped you, her bones are on the floor. Meanwhile... a kid about 5 to 6 years old was laying down on a bed and she was impaled on the bed with a spear. Your breath started to shake as you breath heavily as if you're having an asthma attack.

The kid was holding a teddy bear...the one you once gave her.

"Luka..." you muttered the dead girl's name as you kneeled, holding on the doorknob as you cried.

Was it really worth going back here?

"Y/n! Are you okay?" Boboiboy came to your side kneeling beside you as he looked to what was inside and he was shocked.

He looked at you as he felt your horrible feeling. He did one thing he knew he could do, he hugged you tight.

"Y/n, I'm here, we're here... please stop crying" he whispers to your ear as you cried while looking at Luka in the state.

Everyone looked at you in sympathy as Ying looked away at the sight before her.

"It's time we go... let's take Y/n away from things that may....hurt her" Kaizo said as he sighed. Everyone nodded.

Boboiboy held you as he escorted you out the orphanage. Captain Kaizo was the one leading the group this time followed by Boboiboy who was holding you by your arm, escorting you through as the others followed behind.

You tried to avoid seeing things that may break you as you all move forward. You all reached the capital in a couple of hours. Everything was.... destroyed.