He KNEW!!!!!

When I went back to the house, auntie was watching tv. "I'm back," I called. She glanced at me, "Whisky escaped..." she told me with a frown.

"What are you talking about?" I asked her. I removed my cap and ran a hand through my hair.

"I was going to give her a bath, and then she escaped," she said.

"I thought you always had your way with her?" I asked as I leaned on a chair.

"Yup, but that cat is just too smart. I put her in a box so she wouldn't escape but when it was time to go in the water... the backdoor was open..." she cast me an accusing look.

"Alright, alright," I sighed guiltily and put my cap back on, "I'll go look for her."

I got out of the house and began searching for her. I circled the house but she wasn't there. I looked around the street and gulped when I knew I had to ask my neighbor.

When I rang the doorbell, the door opened and I expected to see West, but instead Tyler was there with a blue popsicle in his little hand. "What do you want?" he asked and licked his treat.

"Have you seen my cat?" I asked. He shook his head and continued his work. His lips were already blue, and the sight of him was really adorable. I smiled and wiped a thumb on the corner of his lip, "You should look in a mirror," I told him. He grinned, his teeth looking funny because it too was slightly blue, "I already did."

I stood up straight and told him to tell me if he ever saw Whisky. I walked down their steps and almost bumped into two guys. When I looked up, I saw Nick and Natt Hills. They stared back at me with a raised brow. "Um..." I said.

These two are my age and playmates of West since he was young. They both have black hair and eyes. And now that they're sixteen, they turned out to be almost as hot and handsome as West. They are scarily clever and evil. Whenever they visit West they make him guess who is who, and yes, they're twins...

"Who are you again?" Nick asked.

"Ah, I remember, that's Carter, Naomi Carter from Maylie's. She's the one who visits every summer," Natt said.

"Oh, the one who likes looking out the window."

"Yup. The quiet one."

"I'm right here you know," I told them.

"Why are you here?" Nick asked. "Shouldn't you be locked up in your room like you always do?" he teased.

"Looking for my cat," I answered.

"I know where she is," Natt said.

"Really, great! Where is she?"

"We're not telling you," Nick said.

"Wh-why not?" I asked. This the very first time I ever talked to this scary pair, and I'm already being toyed. I know they're up to something, I've watched them make West look like a fool twice, and since then I've always wanted to kick them in the gut.

"We wanna see under you cap," they said together.

"No way!" I snapped. I ran away and I heard them mutter, "Killjoy."

The next morning by some miracle I was able to get up extra early. The purple thing on my forehead was fading fast and not as LOOK AT ME as it used to be. Maylie's ointment is magic! By tomorrow this thing will be gone forever.

I stared at the mirror. Light brown hair that had weird waves, boring blue eyes, ordinary lips... I wonder if I can ever make West mine? And why is it that every time I wake up, my hair looks like a bird's nest!