Extra Chapter: One Broken Heart Can Lead to New Love

Nicholas Hills

"Hey Nick," Natt said nudging me, "Why you frowning?"

I rolled my eyes. He's been talking like this since we left the house. The reason? Just to annoy me.

"You down man," he sighed dramatically. "You bummed 'cause West and Naomi live closer where you no be able to watch or interfere. You sad 'cause she chose him and no you."

I shot daggers at him with my eyes.

He grinned, "See, you mad. You bein' a grump man."

"Fuck you Natt."

He threw an arm around my shoulder and laughed. "Seriously though," he said finally talking like a sane person and not that moronic fool who had that bloody weird accent, "I dragged you all the way here so you could get your mind off the thought. I know you're half-happy about Naomi and West's happiness but you need to mend you broken heart." One of his hands made an exaggerated sweep of the party around us, dancing girls, guys goofing around, everyone chattering away and laughing carelessly.

Although he was talking in an arrogant ass manner, I knew it was his way of making things sound light, bearing none of the heavy weight it actually should.

I sighed. I hate him and love him at the same time. And damn the world for making him able to read through me so f*cking easily. "I'll have fun soon enough if you promise not to talk like shit or talk shit again."

He grinned, "Deal."

Natt then spotted Holly's chestnut brown hair in the crowd of dancing people. He grabbed my arm to drag me over to where his girlfriend was but I pulled him back. "She'll come to you moron."

He looked at me, glanced at Holly, then nodded and waited. He knows I'm right.

The girl soon found her way through the crowd and beamed a beautiful smile at her boyfriend, "So this is where you went," she said. Her eyes found mine and I raised a brow at the sparkle in her eyes.

She grinned, "I have someone to introduce to you."

I narrowed my eyes suspiciously.

Natt smiled, "Is it Sara?"

She grinned.

"Who's Sara?" I asked.

Holly stepped aside and revealed a pretty redhead who shyly smiled at me and no sooner had our eyes met did she look away. The shy type I guess.

"Hey there Sara," Natt said as he casually slung an arm around his girlfriend's shoulders. Sara smiled brightly at him, "Hi Natt."

I stared at Sara. Her hair horribly reminded me of my crazy neighbor Scarlet. But Scarlet was anything but shy. This girl was timid and quiet. She had big hazel eyes that...were looking straight at me. She blushed bright red and hid behind Holly.

I cocked my head in response.

"She has a crush on you," Natt whispered in my ear.

"What?" I said in disbelief.

"Sometimes I can't believe you're older than me," Holly said as she moved Sara into view.

"She's older?" I said, arching a brow.

"Yeah, she's a year older than us and she's a year below in character and maturity," laughed Holly.

Sara glared at her.

"Oh come on, I was kidding," Holly grinned. "Oh right, I haven't properly introduced you two," she coughed before pushing Sara towards.

"Nick, that's Sara, my cousin," she said. "And Sara, he's Nick, my boyfriend's twin."