What Stunned the Audience...

Naomi Carter

“Here.” He handed me some punch and sat across from me, his speculative gaze still resting on me. I stared at the punch and sipped it in silence.

I’m in trouble. What should I do? He knows I’m a girl. What the hell gave me away? I was so sure that I was doing everything right…

“Um… Walker,” I said hesitantly, “what gave me away?”

He smiled at me. “Actually at the time you fell and I caught you, I had a pretty good feel on your body.”

I froze and he laughed. “Your waist was too slim, your skin abnormally soft for a boy, and then I felt your chest…” he said evilly.

My face felt as hot as hell. “You –bu – tha!!!!!” I fell off my chair.

He looked down at me with a laughing smile.

“Y-you saved me on purpose so that –“ I said in disbelief.

“Who knows…” he said happily.

I glared at him. He just smiled and offered me a hand which I ignored angrily. He chuckled. “There’s one thing I don’t get though… what’s the purpose of doing all this?”

I pouted. “I needed to get information.”

He looked a little surprised. “Hmm… information about what?”

I blushed and averted my eyes. “About… W-West…”

He blinked a few times and then cracked up. “So, that’s what this is about,” he said between laughs.

I frowned at him. “So, can you tell me something about him?”

“I can,” he said, “but on one condition.”

I gulped.

“I want to see you dressed up as a girl.”

I relaxed. “That’s all?”

He nodded. And so I agreed.

“Well, what do you want to know about West?” he asked. He saw how I didn’t know what to say and he chuckled. “Let’s see… West is quite popular at school. He’s got good grades, one of the best athletes, he’s in the basketball team, he shocked us all too when he played the guitar for an event. Seemed like he was forced to do it though,” he said with a chuckle.

I was so fascinated by the idea of West playing a guitar that his next words seemed not to reach me until he poked my cheek, demanding my attention back. “Sorry, please continue…” I said, telling myself that there’s plenty of time to daydream about West back at the Gray residence.

“As I had said, West’s popular, though he doesn’t seem to know that. He just thinks a lot of people like to annoy him. He’s got a large group of friends. The ones in the group are Sky Anderson, the Hills twins, Owen, me, Logan, Josh, Ricky… and more. He gets into fights from time to time.” He saw the worried look on my face and assured me, “Don’t worry, he never loses. You should feel sorry for the one who stupidly picks a fight with him.”

“What about…” I gulped, “girls?”

He flashed me a smile. “Oh, he had some… three officials, but he’s single right now.”

He had THREE? WHY!!!???

“When did he…” I said.

Walker sipped his punch. “I think he had his first girlfriend when he was twelve? Nothing serious sweetheart, you don’t have to worry about it. They broke up easily of course, since they were just kids. The second one was… maybe when he was fifteen? He was dating this girl in his class. He said they were just giving it a shot. But it didn’t work out. They could only see each other as friends. The last one was last year. The girl was a sweet thing, but she called off the relationship saying West didn’t seem to like her the way she liked him.”