Chapter 2x04: Coming clear or run away

(Close up to Kitty's face. A couple of bookshelves, a world map, and a board with information from KISS are behind her.)

KITTY (Off): Sometimes in life, you face impossible situations. Sometimes, we don't have the power to control them and we feel powerless. Like we don't matter and the univers is against us. And it's possible that we may don't have the power to do anything. At that moment, we have two options.

(Minho is sitting on a blue couch. Alone. A brown wall is behind him. His body doesn't move. His eyes are lost on the ground. He has a sad face on. He's lost in his thoughts.)

KITTY (Off): Face the situation ourselves, without telling anyone else. That can lead to us closing ourselves off from the world and stop trusting anyone because we don't feel like they will understand.

(Q appears from Minho's right side and offers him a cup of hot chocolate, being careful about his actions. Minho turns his face a little to look at the cup.)

KITTY (Off): Or share what happens to us with the people closest to us. They probably can't fix the situation either. But their support can be crucial to be able to cope with the situation in a much easier way.

(Minho raises his head to look at Q's face. Q nods and gives him a half and comforting smile. Minho looks back at the cup and, carefully, takes it with his hands. With his eyes on the cup, Minho smells it for a few long seconds and takes a sip. Minho closes his eyes as he relishes the chocolate. A few seconds later, Minho opens his eyes and turns his head towards Q.)

MINHO: (In a low and soft voice) Thank you.

Q: (Nods and smiles) My pleasure.

(Q takes a few steps back and sits in the armchair next to the couch. From Minho's left side, Dae appears and sits next to his friend. Dae puts a hand on Minho's shoulders, caressing them.)

DAE: (Carefully) How are you feeling?

(Minho turns his head towards him. Minho makes a half and quick smile. He thinks abut his words for a second.)

MINHO: (Small voice) Vented, I guess. I can't say that I'm better. But at least, I'm somewhat alleviated. Thank you for asking.

DAE: Don't. Don't thank us. We're friends. It's our job... (Before he can say anything else, he thinks for a second about the words he has used and rephases his sentence) Wrong. It's our duty to care about our friends.

(Minho gives him a half smile and Dae squeezes his shoulder in support.)

KITTY (Off): In my case, I think I know what I would do in these types of situations. Especially, if I had friends like them.

(A few seconds of silence settle in the room. Kitty, Q and Dae don't dare to say anything. They look at each other, waiting for the other ones to say something. Minho keeps drinking from his chocolate cup. When he's had half of it, Minho puts the cup down on the small table next to the sofa, where Q has left a coaster.)

MINHO: (Sighs) I greatly appreciate your support and that you do not want to put pressure on me in this situation. But I'm sure you're dying to know what's wrong with me.

Q: (Answers, quickly) That's not important right now. You're not feeling your best right now. If you don't want to talk about it, we understand.

DAE: Exactly. If you haven't said anything before and you're like this, we can assume it's a personal matter and we won't ask or push you to talk about it.