Chapter 2x06: Magnets

(Kitty and Q are hanging out outside the school campus. They have gone hiking to clear their minds.)

Q: So he came up to me and asked me: "do you like guys?" And I was like: "haven't you seen me".

(Kitty laughs at that comment.)

KITTY: He hasn't seen you around that much, hasn't he?

Q: (Shakes his head from left to right) He has just moved here from Japan. Let's just say that that was the first time we had talked, ever.

KITTY: (Smiles) I'm happy to see you excited about this new guy. I thought it would take you more time to open yourself up to someone new after Florian.

Q: (Sighs) I haven't said that I'm open to be in a new relationship. I'm still getting over Florian. I haven't healed yet. But it's nice to have new friends. Especially if they are queer as well. And it's actually great that he's on my team. That way we can see each other more often. (Gives her a half smile) Like you with Yuri. You can see her really often having her as your tutor.

KITTY: Oh, no. Don't remind me of her, please. That day was really awkward.

Q: (Frowns) Why? She hasn't figured out that you are in love with her.

KITTY: (Stops and points at him) I've never said I'm in love with her.

Q: (Raises his hands, in a sign of surrender) Okay, let me rephrase. She hasn't figured out that you have a massive crush on her.

KITTY: (Starts walking again) I know and I'm happy about that, because I haven't lost her friendship. But I'm still scared, because this could blow up at any second. I have mixed feelings about the situation. I prefer that she believes in a half truth, because I am not completely lying to her, but I know that this bomb could end up exploding at any time. Especially having Juliana breathing down my neck and threatening me the way she did.

Q: She's definitely jealous of you. You can't tell me otherwise. We could have assumed it before, but now it's too obvious not to be true. Maybe she doesn't know that you like Yuri as more than a friend or that you can like girls too, but she definitely thinks you are a threat to her relationship with Yuri. Now, you can't deny it.

KITTY (Sighs) I guess she has a problem with me. Jealousy or whatever you want to call it. The point is that she doesn't like me at all. And I have to live in the same room as her. So, what am I going to do?

Q: (Shrugs) Nothing. You don't have to care about her. If she doesn't like you, that's her problem. You should go on with your life like she doesn't matter. Because she doesn't.

KITTY: (Scared) Can she break the friendship I have with Yuri?

Q: Not a chance. (Rethinks his words) I mean, she could try and tell Yuri that you have feelings for her and that you have been keeping her in the dark about them. But now you have an excuse that you like girls but you don't like her specifically. Or you could just tell her the truth: that you like her, but don't want to come between her and Juliana, which is the truth.

KITTY: But I tried to kiss her, even though I knew that she had a girlfriend. And I didn't think about her at all.

Q: But why did you do it?

KITTY: I don't know. I just couldn't control myself and I wanted to kiss her. I just didn't think of anyone else, but myself. Does that make me a bad person?

Q: I mean, I wouldn't say a bad person, but an unconscious one. (Shakes his head) Whatever. The point is that, now that Yuri knows you like girls, maybe she sees you in a different light, don't you think?