Chapter 2x08: Facing the truth

(Kitty feels the morning sunlight through her eyelids. She begins to come to her senses, but she has a hard time opening her eyes. The pain in her head begins to bother her. She puts a hand to her forehead and squeezes her eyelids shut. At that moment, flashes from the night before begin to come to her mind. She remembers that she decided to drink alcohol. Not a very smart choice because she got out of control. She remembers that she and Yuri laughed. And talked. A lot. The moment an image of Yuri reaches her mind, her eyes snap open.)

KITTY: (Sitting on bed) Yuri.

(Kitty looks around. She finds herself in a room she's seen only once before. It's Yuri's bedroom. She remembers they changed clothes there the night before. There's no one there. Kitty frowns.)

KITTY: Where can Yuri be?

(Kitty looks at her right and she finds a mirror. She looks at herself for a moment and finds her hair completely disheveled and the top of her pajama shirt half unbuttoned. Kitty blushes.)

KITTY: Why am I looking like this?

(Kitty opens her eyes, wide, thinking about what could have happened the prior night.)

KITTY: Crap. What happened last night?

(At that moment, the bedroom door opens. Yuri enters the room with a tray. In it, Kitty distinguishes a cup from which smoke is still coming out and a plate with food. Yuri approaches her with a calm step. When their eyes meet, Kitty gives off a small smile, despite the pressure she still feels in her head.)

KITTY: Good morning, Yuri.

(Yuri comes closer to the bed and sets the tray in front of Kitty. Kitty notices that there is coffee in the cup and eggs and some bacon on the plate. She also notices that there is a white pill next to the plate. Yuri sits on the edge of the bed, opposite to Kitty.)

YURI: Good morning, Kitty. How are you feeling?

KITTY: Not too great, actually. I feel like my head wants to explote. How much alcohol did I drink last night?

YURI: (Shrugs) I'm not really sure. I lost count somewhere between the third and fourth glass. I wasn't paying attention to how much you were drinking or how much I was drinking.

KITTY: Oh my god. (Puts her hands on her face) I'm so embarrassed. I'm so sorry you saw me like that. Again.

YURI: Don't be. (Kitty puts her hands away from her face) This is not the first time I've seen you like this, so it's not something I was not ready for.

(Kitty laughs and Yuri tries to follow her. However, she's a bit nervous. Kitty doesn't notice but Yuri is thinking a lot of things at the same time. She doesn't know how to continue the conversation. So she ends up talking about inconsequential things.)

YURI: So, did you sleep well?

KITTY: Couldn't tell. Your bed is really comfortable, I must admit. But, according to the headache that I have right now, I would say that I didn't sleep too well.

YURI: That's why I brought that pill. I hope that it helps. You fell asleep really fast. One moment you were talking like a normal waisted person. And the next second you were snoring like a bear. It was really hard for me to bring you here from the living room.

(Kitty opens her eyes, wide, not believing what she's saying.)

KITTY: What are you talking about?! I don't snore!