Chapter 011: Isabel & Tori

June was still passed out,  sleeping off the fight while a lot of important stuff kept happening all around the world. It was honestly going crazy, trying to go back to normalcy isn't going to be easy.

The biggest issue is it happened Worldwide.

Puerto Nuevo is only a tiny Island in the Caribbean that only got a tiny part of the issues.

There are places like Africa where there is a portal that nobody knows where it leads, how it appeared or how it might affect them.

Not understanding how it works and that it sometimes allows monsters from the other side to travel through caused panic.

"Have you watched the news?" A man asked.

"I heard we get to go home tomorrow after such a long week." Another replied joyously.

Puerto Nuevo was saved, June woke up two weeks later. Things had already started to go back to normal. Even mutated beings were left to go home and live their lives with minimal supervision.

The first to visit him was John which was perfect.

June told him about the medicine he used on Milan, which was something the Military discussed in the debriefing.

"I need you to get this to momma. She'll be better quickly, I'll give you four more. Don't bother trying to craft one or tamper with it. If you want anymore let me know how many." June told John.

"I understand, little man. Is there anything else you need?" John asked, June still doesn't know just how much prestige and respect he has earned with the Military.

John already knows that June doesn't work like a normal child. But he still feels bad treating him like this. He just hopes that the boy never decides to stray.

If he does, a lot of people will probably die. There are already people looking to restrain and probe him. Stupid upper ranks that don't understand that they should be fearing, not looking to quench their thirst for knowledge.

A warrior seeks a battle he can win and if he cannot he dies in an honorable battle. It's the least one can do.

But facing this boy, innocent kid, would be ridiculous.

"My big sister and little brother have gone missing. I need you to check my house and see if anyone knows anything." June requested amiably.

June wasn't expecting them to agree. Whatever he does is because he wants to, but there are people out there who know when to honor a deed and this John guy, has that vibe.

Still, June doesn't expect anything in return for whatever he chooses to do.

Even though June has always felt that John is looking to pick a fight he knows it's in a healthy rivalry kind of way.

"Is that all?" John questioned. Those demands are a bit low trodden.

"Yeah, after that, we are good. Also, you don't have to do this if you don't want to. If you get the hospital to discharge me, I can do it all myself." June told John honestly.

"I understand." John said, understanding that June doesn't want any involvement in what happened during the Day of Change.

Still, it's gonna be hard for June to stay out of the spotlight. But John is certain that the upper echelon can be flexible. The boy really didn't ask for anything unreasonable like a tower of cotton candy like these old bastards betted on.

John stopped halfway out of the Children Hospital's exit and started to make a call. He was arranging a private visit with Sky.

"To me, that boy is smarter and a hundred times tougher than any soldier I have ever seen. I'm looking forward to meeting your family, maybe that'll help me understand you better." John said to himself as he dialed the number and called.