Chapter 012: Sebastian & Laura

The situation with Isabel and Tori had a drastic change. Unbeknownst of the happenings outside the hospital, June looked out the window calmly but solemn, he had lazy eyes and a black sag underneath them.

He has clearly not slept at all since he woke up. June had a lot on his plate, he seriously wondered if he would have the chance for a break.

The days have passed so quickly after John came. After him, Military personnel from a special division came and introduced themselves as his personal security team.

There was a skinny, handsome but lazy looking guy. His eyes didn't quite say he was lazy, even though they were just like June's at the moment.

The woman was a beautiful soldier, she looked tough and sort of tomboyish but at the same time she had a feminine vibe.

They told June that they are in charge of watching out for him and to protect him from anything that he might need protection from.

They were very clear, June didn't mind it. They could help with the search for Isabel and Tori and help him understand who the people from the Day of Change are.

"I understand that you're here to keep an eye on me. I don't mind, I'm not planning to do much. But, I need your help with some things." June told them.

"We understand. My name is Sebastian. Her name is Laura, she is my partner and the one who will be staying at your home with you. Your mother hasn't been informed, but I will go and tell her myself." Sebastian said.

"Thank you. Please, Sebastian, stay close to momma. She has gone through a lot and from  what I can tell, so have the two of you, so you know better than anyone else that PTSD is a real thing." June said as his eyes were drawn out the window again.
A small breeze passed through the window causing June's hair to flutter.

'Even after all that happened, it feels so peaceful.' June told himself, anxious to find Isabel and Tori.

Winter is coming, June wanted his family to be okay by Christmas day. It has been a long sixty years, without them and without holidays.

Sebastian and Laura left June with their phone numbers and a flip phone. For emergencies. They left the instructions for it too.

After meeting them, June started checking up on his Level 1 brand-new system.

"First things first, let's give you a name." June said as he clicked around the System Settings interface.

<Chosen name for the King of Summers System is 'Grimm X'. You have been awarded with ×1 Unlock Key.>

The <Unlock Key> given by the system opens new functions. Seeing as it hasn't been fully installed yet, this key is meant to upgrade the system and unlocking it's functions.

"Seeing as we will be starting from scratch, you'll be opening my Inventory. Will it contain the items I had when I explored that memory shard?" June asked himself as he inserted the key into the notification screen before him.

It had an ancient lock on it. The key goes into the keyhole which contains a specific type of mana and sets off the runes, unlocking it instantly, only one key in the multiverse and the Host of the system is the only one who can have it.

Inserting the key, June opened the doors to a new universe inside his system, the function known as <Dimensional Inventory>.

June went to check what was inside and apart from the size being as big as a universe, it was empty.

"It did say starting from zero..." June said, his chubbish face showing his sadness. He looked quite adorable.

"Hellion, where are you?" June wondered, not even the Mana Egg that never hatched, is here.