7

beyoncé's pov

nika took a shower and then i did after her. as of right now, we were getting dressed to go shopping. this was the start of the date: spoiling her a little.

"you might just want to put on something comfortable and easy to take on and off. im going to take you shopping and you might want to try on some stuff." i told her. i stood behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. i kissed her shoulder then smiled.

"and then, i'll take you to get your nails and toes done. after that, we can grab a little snack cause tonight im gonna feed you pretty good so i don't want you too stuffed and you feel sick. and the rest will be a small surprise." i cheesed. i rested my head on her shoulder.

"you're not doing all of that for me." she looked at me but i nodded.

"yes i am. you deserve it, and i wanna give you what you deserve. but remember, this is just the first date. imagine the many more we'll have."

nika just sighed, not saying anything. i was a little worried until she turned and hugged me tight. i held her close to me and kissed the top of her head. she was quiet and buried her head into the crook of my neck then started to cry. i had never truly experienced something like this so i didn't exactly know what i was supposed to do. i remembered rocky's words about nika being desperate and having abandonment issues. so i figured this was a reaction resulting from that.

i just held her though and let her have the moment to cry on me. i wasn't going to make her feel bad for crying so i kept quiet to avoid saying the wrong things. we stood there for about five minutes then she looked up at me.

"do you really care about me?" she asked, wiping her tears.

"of course i do. i care about you a lot. you mean the world to me." i cupped her cheek. her lip quivered as she was about to cry again. i pulled her back to my chest and she broke down in tears. i didn't know much about nika's past because i didn't want to bring up anything rough. especially if she wasn't ready to tell me.

"come on, let's get ready and then let's go." i kissed her head. she calmed down and i wiped her tears. i kissed both of her cheeks and then her nose which caused her to break into a huge smile.

once we were ready, we took her car rather than walking. she didn't trust me with the new york traffic so she did all the driving. i rested my hand on her thigh.

"okay, we can go wherever you'd like to get some clothes from. even a pair of shoes if you'd like. your feet are tiny so i think that can be a possibility." i smiled and she slapped my hand. "ow!"

"stop making fun of me." she glared at me and i just laughed.

i turned on the radio and we listened to music the rest of the ride. we got to one of her favorite stores, from what she said, and went in. i held her hand in mine as we walked inside. she pulled me over to where the dresses were. i let her do her thing. it was so cute watching her scan through dresses and just toss them on me to hold for her.

"get that pink one. you look so good in pink." i told her and she smiled.

"i'm glad you think so." she kissed my cheek.

she asked for a dressing room and dragged me along with her. she closed the door on me.

"you cant come in. just pass me everything when i ask." she told me through the door. i just shook my head. i gave her each dress as she asked me to.

"this fits really tight. i don't think i like it." she came out of the dressing room. she had on a yellow dress. it was super tight and i could tell she'd be uncomfortable in it. i waved my hand in a so-so motion.