16

a/n: dropping this because this might be the last time y'all ever see me. life is life-ing and i don't want this shit no more.

onika's pov

beyoncé hadn't spoken to me in over a week and i didn't know what to do with myself. beyoncé would come home from work, ignore me, sleep, wake up, ignore me again and then leave for work. she doesn't even call me like she always did when she got off.

i knew i had fucked up. bad. i regretted that night ever since it happened.

________________________
we were having trouble with the toilet in iris' room. we were pretty positive the child had flushed something down that she shouldn't have.

upon michelle's request, she gave me the information of her plumber. i thanked her as i really didn't know shit about stuff like this. plus, beyoncé has been working a lot lately. so i couldn't really get any of her help on this like i needed to.

when i called the guy, he said he'd be over immediately. which he was. i was glad honestly because i wanted this issue fixed immediately before iris came back over.

i opened the door for the man and he smiled at me.

"hey, you're onika?" he asked me and i nodded.

"yes, i am, and you must be ken. come right in. i'll show you the bathroom." i smiled and he stepped inside. he followed behind me to iris' room. i could feel his eyes on my ass as i walked. i wore some of beyoncés clothes on purpose as they did fit baggy on me. i didn't want to assume the worst of the guy, but i knew how some people got down when it came to being alone in a house.

"this is your little sister's room?" he asked as he looked around the child like decorated room, full of toys and all things perfect for iris.

"soon to be daughter. this is her bedroom. we think she flushed something down the toilet as it hasn't flushed properly." i told him.

"we? you're married? your husband is a lucky guy." he commented, trying to flush the toilet then opening up his tool bag.

"not yet. and my husband is my wife. she is a lucky woman." i corrected him, smiling softly at the thought of beyonce.

"oh, she? where's she now?" he glanced at me as he began to check the back of the toilet, lifting the lid.

"work. she works long, excruciating hours. and.. i never get to see her. well, i do every other week. but these last two weeks, she's worked lots of hours. so i haven't seen her lately." i bit my lip.

i didn't know why beyoncé had picked up so many hours. i had asked kelly about it and she said beyoncé did that when she had something huge planned. kelly also said because bey has a spoiled ass girlfriend and a spoiled ass little sister who's constantly wanting something. i found her comment funny because it was true.

"i'm sorry to hear that, onika. i do hope she can take some time off for you soon." he smiled at me. "i'm going to get started on this toilet. i'll let you know everything."

i nodded then walked out of the bedroom. i went into the living room and sighed. i hated beyonces job. when she first told me about it, i was pissed. mainly because they are allowed to have phones. like what the fuck?! what if it's an emergency? what if my eye gets taken out? what if iris gets sick?! there's so much she'd miss.

i sat and watched television for awhile. i heard heavy boots behind me and stood up.

"so, i did find what was causing your clog." he held up a plastic ball. "this is the culprit. she definitely flushed this down,"