Chapter Twelve: Still Friends?

Later that night Momo was nervous was the so called date Izuku was talking about. Izuku arrived at her house, he walked up to her room and knocked on the door. She opened the door and Izuku smiled immediately and held up the pizza box in his hand and a bag full of snacks.

"Since your against the fact of dating me, consider this as a friend hangout" 

Izuku walked into her room and sat down on the floor. Momo turned around and looked down at him. 

"We agreed on a movie right?"

She just nodded then sat down on her bed. Izuku turned on the TV and started looking for a movie.

"What genre do you want to watch? Horror, Comedy, Ac-"

"Comedy" 

Momo said it quickly and clearly cutting Izuku off. Izuku sighed then started looking for comedy movies. After a while he found a movie and turned it on. Izuku stood up and smiled.

"This seat taken?" 

He asked pointing at a spot next to Momo. She looked at him then threw a pillow at him.

"Yes it is, so sit on the floor peasant" 

"Peasant?!"

Momo just nodded then Izuku threw the same pillow back at her. Momo just looked at him and smirked.

"Did I hit a nerve~?"

"You hit more than one you little shit!"

"I see that we're mad hm? That-"

Izuku attacked her pinning her arms down on the bed. Momo's eyes widen as she looked up at him blushing. 

"What are you doing..?"

"What your problem Momo, you've been like this every since I came back"

"Nothing's wrong now get off.."

"Not until you answer me, Normally your excited and happy to see me but now you avoid me, why's that?"

"It's nothing, just please get off me and let's just watch the movie" 

Momo's voice cracked a bit as tears started to flood her eyes slowly. Izuku let her go then sat down on the floor. Momo sat up and wiped her face then turned her glance to Izuku. 

"Sorry about that"

Momo did say anything and just kept looking at Izuku then she bit her lip out of frustration and nervousness. She didn't know why all of a sudden she's been acting this way. She was glad and is still half that Izuku came back but it wasn't the same as before. She couldn't even face him without getting flustered. Momo was lost in thought the whole time to movie was playing. The movie had ended then Momo realized something.

"Alright I'm-"

"Izuku wait! I need to talk to you about something"

"Okay? What is it?"

Momo got up from her bed and walked up closer to Izuku.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry, I know I haven't been like I was before and I understand that I've been a bit rude to you. I don't understand why I was like that but I hope it doesn't affect anything between us. You were my first friend and I am still very grateful for that. I know I shouldn't said this sooner but I hope we can still be the same friends we were years ago."

Momo had tears in her eyes as she spoke then Izuku pulled her into a hug. It caught Momo off guard but she quickly hugged back. 

"You don't have to apologize, I know things weren't going to be the same when I came back. I just hoped you'd still be the same loving girl I met years ago but it seems that I pushed it a bit too far"

Momo just continued to hug him tightly not speaking another word. Izuku eventually let her go then smiled.

"I hop this doesn't break anything between us! I hope we can still be the best of friends maybe me you and Katsuki can meet up this weekend"

Momo sniffled then smiled.

"That sounds great, I look forward to it"

Izuku waved goodbye as he left her room heading downstairs. Momo sat down on her bed and hugged her pillow tightly. She buried her face into the pillow to quiet down her sobs. She didn't know the exact reason on why she was crying but all she felt was a heartache. She still.had her best friend so what could it be?  What was making her feel so much sadness and pain? Momo cried for a few minutes then calmed down.

She stared at the wall then she spotted something on her desk. She stood up and walked over to her desk picking up a notebook that read "Hero Analysis for the Future Vol.2" Her eyes widened as she remembered why she had that notebook.

<[Flashback]>

"Do you really have to go Izuku?" Young Momo asked

"Yeah, I'm sorry but I got you something!"

"Huh? What is it?"

Young Izuku pulled out an Notebook while smiling widely.

"I got you this so you can write down info on new heros that you meet! I have my old one still so I'll be able to do the same while I'm away!"

"You didn't have to do this Izuku"

"But I wanted to, You're my best friend why wouldn't I give you a gift?"

Young Momo hugged Izuku tightly and Izuku returned the hug 

"Thank you Izuku-kun"

<[End of Flashback]>

"Oh I remember now..his Hero Analysis for the Future notebook he gave me.."

Momo opened the book and looked through the empty pages until she gets to one that had a bit of writing in it. Her eyes widened as she read what it said. She had a faint blush on her face also.

Izuku,

Izuku Midoriya is my hero for many reasons. The main reasons were be helped me through a rough time and always put a smile on my face. He was my first friend before I met Katsuki and my other classmates at U.A. I will always remember him even though he's not here right now.

                                                                                                                                                                    9/5/22

*This was 3 months ago?! What if he would have saw it?!*

Momo had a mental break down then took a deep breath she was still blushing as she looked at the notebook.

"That would have been embarrassing if he saw this..."