The end of the world

Courier pov: Everyone knew the legion was going to return, nobody knew when, but what was for damn certain was that they would be back.

The original prediction was 5-10 years, and sure enough 9 years later the legion was back, but this time they intended on purely conquering.

They showed up out of nowhere, within 4 days everything ncr east of the Colorado has fallen to legion attacks, large amounts of legion troops poured through key points at the Colorado, and encircled ncr defenses, never stopping or halting in mass.

This time there would be no stalemates. No long drawn out mental warfare or paranoias of espionage. With the territory calmed down back west, more troops were sent to control the Mojave territories, so even spreading thin wasn't a concern.

The legion was more advanced too, they used salvaged power armor and combat armor. while still using the old melee tactics, they were given small weapons to use as they stormed us, before reverting to the machete. There were even a few vertibirds which dropped troops deep behind ncr lines, and conducted raids, which drew forces away from the front, and resulted in hard pushes straight westward. There was no time for coordination or counter attack, every opening was quickly shut.

It wasn't long before I found me and Boone on the front. he was gonna go either way, and I wasn't going to let him go without me, I could have picked up Veronica, but she was involved in securing a crucial ncr- brotherhood position.

There was no more contracting missions, no more removing small threats, or creating peace of mind for ncr leadership. There was only war.