Flash,Bam,Alakazam

Nate pov: I was just about to head back to the castle when I began to hear a firefight in the distance, though all the major raider gangs were pushed into the Nahant, it wasn't uncommon for small gangs to attack caravans, hoping that they can get in and out as quickly as possible, often times running away before things turn in their favor to prevent lingering for too long, and minutemen showing up.

What was strange was that this one was lasting a while, I figured maybe a larger-small raider gang has attacked a caravan and the minutemen showed up, then I saw vertibirds departing from the prydwen and that's when I realized that something was very wrong.

It was only then I remembered I had my pip-boy turned off, and after tuning to the private radio freedom network, I had realized what was happening, a large force of gunners was attacking in the northern commonwealth, attempting to strike back, and put the commonwealth alliance out of commission.

The sound of gunfire picked up more and more, until you could see tracers flying through the sky, from Vertibirds taking ground fire. Minutemen gunship vertibirds flew towards the fighting, and often got into dog fights with gunner vertibirds. From far away it was a little difficult to tell, but the colors were distinct enough that I could tell who they belonged to.

Brotherhood had silver colored vertibirds, the minutemen, a dark blue, and the gunners, a dark green.

The sound of never ending gun fire picked up more and more as I rushed toward the front with rifle in hand. I met up with a squad of minutemen, we had arrived at a radio tower, which had a good look down, but also covered the way forward some, with a small bridge over water that would Allow them come into sight, and sure enough just then a squad of gunners ran right across the bridge and into view, everyone began taking up defensive positions and fired down the squad, wiping the majority out very quickly.

Just then a gunner vertibird began flying their way, from the west side, just then a brotherhood very bird gunner began ripping bullets from the mini gun into the vertibird, and cause major damages, the damages caused it to have struggle staying in the air, but the brotherhood gunner moved on to their objective, and it kept flying toward us, we prepared for it to drop troops on us, sure enough it dropped a squad of gunners just to our right,which provided a hill as cover, and they rushed it, spilling over the top, they hit a couple of our minutemen, but we took them down quickly, what was more concerning was the large power armor that was marching over the top of the hill. It was big, bigger than even the r-60 or t-51 heavy power armors, though the armor resembled t-45 light, it was much, much bigger.

It began firing a Gatling laser at us, we moved to its side, and behind in hopes of surrounding it, but it charged at one private and smashed him into the tree, those of us who remained on top of the rocks that were on the left side of the radio tower platform fired down on it very quickly, bullets splattered off and dented the heavy armor, laser rifles turned small amounts of the armor to goo, but not in a quantity to make a major difference, one brave soldier jumped on its back and tried to find an opening with a knife to stab its neck, but they were sealed off, and he was thrown.

I jumped down to the right, and primes a pulse grenade, he began shooting at me, which prompted one soldier to whip out a knife, and charge him, she was able to find in opening in his leg plates, and stabbed him in the knee, causing him kick her in the stomach.

I primed a pulse grenade and charged him, slid to the right, and stuck in between a strangely large opening the his leg armor, it detonated, causing the armor to keel over and fall. We immediately used the manual open on the back of the suit, and  put a bullet in the back of the pilots head before he could respond.

Everyone had taken a moment to rest except me, who was used to such physical exertion, one thing has caught my mind, the armor looked strange. It was common knowledge that gunners used old, rusted, power armor, but this rust looked weird, it looked almost intentionally rusted, furthermore the rust looked fake entirely, it wasn't fully explainable. Either way, the threat was dead, and they had to keep moving.