banana boat

142! where are they? somebody get me 142! the general shouted across the starlight drive-in air force base.

just then a ranger wearing a blue set of colonial dusters, as was normal for a ranger a blue full face gas mask, and a helmet with with the minutemen insignia came running over.

sir. you called?  stated the ranger

we need more fusion cores, this isn't enough.

sir. vault 88 gave all they could spare.

the general sighed, knowing that this most likely wasn't actually the case for vault 88, but further pushing was futile.

"god damnit, can't even get supplies from our biggest supplier- contact vault 81 they will have enough. call in another vertibird to get them, we need to be headed for d.c by the the end of the hour"

at this point another minuteman ran over. 

"What is going here? we have no flights scheduled for starlight airforce base today." it was the airforce commander for starlight drive-in airforce base.

starlight drive-in was originally the staging ground for minutemen operations in the region, but was converted once producing vertibirds was made possible, and there was no longer as much of a need for minutemen ground forces.

general: "That's none of your business, nothing you need to worry about."

"oh- my apologies general I didn't know you- well it's just this flight isn't in the roster, and all of this is halting our usual procedure-" 

just then he was cut off by one of the rangers who had stepped in front of him.

"YOU ARE INTERFERING WITH GHOST UNIT OPERATIONS, PLEASE FLEE THE AREA" stated one ranger

this statement had sent a chill down the commanders spine, this was the first time the general has been seen with any members of ghost unit, or even confirmed that ghost unit was a literal unit of the minutemen, and just walked away without saying anything.

"general, 142 has made contact with vault 81, a vertibird is moving to collect the requested fusion cores"

the general was disappointed to have to rely on ghost unit to get to d.c, but any standard unit would deem it a waste of valuable resources, as other leaders in the brotherhood and minutemen thought the generals goals were pointless, while the general could force any airforce commander to go through with this, it was for the best he did not get in the way of their legitimate and arguably more important operations.

9 minutes passed before the fusion cores finally arrived

"sir, the fusion cores are here, departure in 5 minutes"

Nate had taken a 4 man ghost unit team for the mission, including the pilots, all the others there were only there in preparation for the flight. they had to have radio operators, as well as others to keep caravans from crossing into the area, such was necessary for the ghost unit, as there secrecy was what made them ghost unit. that reputation was important to keep.

"ready for liftoff on your ready general" the pilot had said.

"alright, lets go, I don't wanna stick around for too long." 

the vertibird lifted off, and had begun flying south, the general closed the door on the vertibird, and took a seat, knowing this would be a long flight.