53

" It's time!"

" It's time?"

" Wait wait wait, Kailey think about it one last time! Are you sure you want this? "

" I'm sure"

Kailey walked into the hall with two bridesmaids beside her, no other than y/n and Glen.
It was a wedding in which all the rituals will be done today only.

From haldi to vidaai. Including engagement.

The view was colorful but for Kailey it was black.
She just moved her legs, but the bridesmaids guide her the direction and she just followed it.
Everything was fake for her.
The decorations, the relatives, their smile, their stare , the arrangements, the rituals, their clapping and the groom standing just in front of her. It was all fake.
Temporary.
Transparent.
A Formality.

She had to ignore that tingling feeling coming from her heart, telling her to be cautious.

She ignored it all.
She put a mask on.
Grabs the groom's offering hand, to hop on to the stage.
The several masked face clapped, and cheered. Which was indeed fake.

She felt her left hand being holded, and something sliding through her ring finger.

She ignored the burning sensation in her heart. Telling her to run away.

She felt someone tapping her shoulder, it was her mother, giving her an emerald ring, asking her to do the same to her Groom.

She picks the ring, but stops at the moment before sliding.

Her mom told her to be quick.
She then instantly slide the ring to his fingers.
Everyone become whooting, clapping and cheering.
Everyone giving her blessings.
But she doesn't understand it all.

She just stood in front of the audience blankly. Thinking about ending it all. Thinking it was for her father. It was for the mother who would die peacefully without any regret. Atleast she can do something to make her happy once?

Now after all the other rituals, which was all blank for Kailey and wasn't able understand that what was happening, ended.
She was seated in the Mandap. She always saw Mandaps in photos and other weddings but it was a first time experience for her. There was a bornfire burning in the middle of Mandap, and the priest was reciting hyms.

The priest asked them to make to stood up and make 7 phere ( 7 rounds of the bornfire). She did as told. Then he asked him Maang bharai (to apply vermillion in the middle line of the head where the hair is parted). Y/n hesitantly helped Karan do it.

Y/n POV

I was asked by Kailey's mom to move the veil a little so that Karan can apply vermillion to her parted hair.

But something was off. Kailey's face was unreadable. She was moving a little. It was like she was a puppet and we were moving her here and there and she won't react. I realised she wasn't even blinking.

" Kailey? Are you okay? You want to stop for a while? " I managed to whisper her in her ears. She just nodded her head telling No. But I'm sure she isn't liking the environment here, I'm too not liking it either.

I'm also sure that she doesn't want to marry but she told us about her mother, and we also can't help it. It was her decision. She is a person who is stuck to her decision until she dies, or anyone dies.
She doesn't listen to anyone but only herself. It is her good side also but sometimes it can become worse , like right now or the time where we ended our friendship.

But besides all this. I've seen her mom till now. She looks perfectly healthy. I doubt if she is sick or not, unless if she is faking it. But her Dad said so, so we should believe it as it is.

Kailey's POV

Y/n noticed me.
Will others will notice me too?
I can't be like that, I should stick to my decision. I should be Happy. It's for my mom
And dad.

Suddenly the priest told me to put the garland to Karan's neck.
I again did as told. It was now Karan's turn. I can see from his face he is feeling the same as me. We both want to get away from this marriage but we can't. We both want to be free from our parents. We want to make our parents proud.

I waited for Karan to put garland on me. When he was untangling the garland I finally get the proper view of the audience. They were looking happy. But the truth was they were pretending to be happy. They all came because they were invited. Once the rituals are done, they'll eat dinner and act like nothing happened.
But if we did some mistakes, they will make it troublesome for our whole life. This is how it works.

I look around and saw my dad. I think he was sad. But it didn't look like he was sad because I was getting married. He was sad for me. Something was off with him. The airconditioner was on but he was still sweating. He was also breathing heavily. What was wrong?
During our doings, everyone was quitely watching us. He was terrified. But of what? I had to find out.

The garland was now on my shoulders. It was heavy. I got distracted by it. I once again, see the same spot where my dad was sitting.

I got stiff. I wish my eyes would see my Dad rather than the person whose eyes were wet, red shot and regretful.

It was Jimin. He must be 100 feet away from me, but I can see him being heartbroken. I was heartbroken too, seeing him.

But how did he know I was here? Why did he came? Who invited him? Am I now seeing things or what? Tell me he didn't thought that I was ignoring him all the time. But it's true ,I did that. God! Why did it have to be like this? I can't do this anymore!

Finally the Mandap thing was done. Everyone again started shouting, whooting. But I can't unsee his face. I should go to him.

We got some break finally. I started to go to his direction. But...
He turned his back. Why?
I followed him. Because of this heavy gown I can't walk fast. Please Jimin wait let me explain!
He isn't stopping. He is still far away from him , my voice also can't reach him.

I stopped.

Jimin!

I'm sorry!

He disappeared.
In the crowd.

I can't find him.

What's there for me to explain? I don't  even know that. I just want to talk to him.