•TWELVE•

- after a while -
- the interrogation room -

Danielle was sitting in the interrogation room faced by Younjun and Beomgyu, She was watching the CCTV video where she was arguing with the victim Kim Ji-na in laptop that was on the table, she seemed shocked at first when she saw that video but she continued watching it with a poker face.

When the video was done Beomgyu posed it and turned the laptop to him again and she looked at up at them. "Care to explain why were you showing me that?"

 "Care to explain why were you showing me that?"

She asked with a serious and conferdent tone. "Care to explain what were you two arguing about in that video first?" Beomgyu replied with another question. "Why would i? What the hell does it have to do with this case?" She asked and Beomgyu just looked down for a while releasing a sight, he then took out a picture from the file that was in front of him and put it on the table in front of her. "Do you recognize this lady?" He asked, Danielle looked at the picture for few seconds before she nod slowly. "Is she the same lady in the video?" He asked again pointing at the laptop and Danielle though for a while before she speak. "That's true, are you gonna answer my question now? What does this have to do with the case?" She replied nodding then she added asking. "The body we found in the forest, we found her ID and that's her" He answered pointing at the picture, as soon as she heard that her eyes winded with a shocked face.

"No Way, Kim Ji-na is dead!?" She asked with a panicked and concerned face, both of the boys just stayed silent and she knew they weren't joking, She looked down still not believing it, but her eyes winded again when she heard Beomgyu talk. "Stop spelling my brother's name with that filthy mouth of yours, my brother would never do that" Beomgyu said making her look up at him with a serious and kinda nervous eyes. "That's what you told her that day right? What were you arguing about? What did she said about your brother that made you that angry?" Beomgyu asked and she just looked down not saying anything. "Ho—How did you know?" She asked looking up at him only to flinch when he hit the table so strong making a loud noise. "JUST ANSWER THE GOD DAMNED QUESTION__!" He yelled with an angry tone while standing up slamming the table with his both hands."It__ it's not like that, i__ i was just_____" She stumbled nervously but he cut her off before she could finish her words.

"Did you say that or not?" He asked again and she released a sight then slowly nodded. "What was the reason?" He asked again but she stayed silent looking at her lap for few seconds. "A work related" She answered and he scoffed. "a work related? Do you think this is a joke? If you do not know, this video may be presented against you in court, we're trying to help, SO WHY AREN'T YOU COOPERATING___!?" Beomgyu said yelling with a pissed tone in the last sentence while hitting the table again with his fist. " yah__ stop, i'll take care of this" Younjun said holding Beomgyu's arm telling him to sit down, He sat back on his chair passing his hand through his hair with a sigh. " Ms Kim Ji-hye, We're just trying to find out the truth, we can't do anything if you're not responding to the investigations, please cooperate with us for a bit" Younjun said with a calm and warm tone trying to convince her. "If we didn't find your alibi in the next five hours, you will be transferred to the Public Prosecution, and this case will be transferred to a public opinion case" He added and she looked at him with a worried look. "And if that happened, i'm afraid we can't help you anymore" He added again looking at Beomgyu who was giving her a serious glare.

"I know, i know what will happen but____ i just can't tell you, if i said that and you guys gave to the court and the journalisme knew about it we'll be done, all of us" She replied making Younjun's face go confused while Beomgyu watching her with the same face expressions. "I'm just trying to protect myself, call me selfish but i don't wanna end up like her" She added looking at Kim Ji-na's picture on the table, Younjun was about to say something but got entrapped by the door opening revealing Sunoo.

"Hyoung , we got Kim Ji-na's death time" Sunoo said walking towards them and giving them the file, they both looked at it then Beomgyu looked at her again. "okay, don't answer that, let me give another question, where were you Wednesday night, 11:45 PM?" He asked and she stayed silent for few seconds. "What you can't answer that too?" He said but she looked at him and yelled. "LET ME THINK FOR GOD SAKE___!!" She yelled looking at him then looked back down trying to remember. "That day i went out office at five PM i got home by eight because i had a family dinner with my uncle then i drove back home, so i was at home"She answered. "You have a proof?" Beomgyu asked again. "Yes, you can check the Black Box video in my car, and the neighborhood CCTV if you want" She answered, he looked at Sunoo giving him the file and walked toward the door. "Follow me"Beomgyu said and Sunoo did what he was told, they both left the interrogation room leaving Danielle and Younjun.

- after few minutes -

Beomgyu was sitting on his desk watching the Black box camera record of that day while everyone were standing behind him watching it too. "Wednesday night 11: 45 PM, she was really at home"Jiwon said with a kinda shocked tone and everyone just released a sigh."That's it right? That's what we need, we've got her alibi with the proof" Minji asked making everyone to look at her. "Ugh__ Minji-shi send this to the Public Prosecution and Jiwon you take care of her going out papers" Younjun said and both the girls nodded walking out the office. "Gyu, you go release her" Younjun said looking down his file grabbing Beomgyu's attention. "Why me?" Beomgyu asked and Younjun looked at him. "Because it's your handcuffs" Younjun answered and Beomgyu rolled his eyes standing up and walking toward the interrogating room.

After few seconds Beomgyu opened the door and Danielle looked up at him, He walked closer took out the keys from his pocket and started opening the handcuffs off her hands. "You have been ruled out as a suspect, and you have been released, this does not mean that you are completely free, you are currently under surveillance" He said putting his handcuffs in his pocket and looking at her. "Minji will bring you your stuff" He added and he turned back walking toward the door but before he can open it she spoke again.

"Excuse me, i wanna apologiz for what i've done earlier, i'm sorry" She said standing up and he looked back at her when she's done talking. "I wasn't waiting for an apology, but since you understand now that you were wrong with every word you've said" He said with a cold tone. "No, you've got me wrong, i'm apologizing for throwing the eggs on you, you had to go back home and wast your priceless time because of me, i wasn't apologizing for what i said, and i don't think i regret it" She replied crossing her arms and he scoffed at what she said. "So you still think i did it?" He asked turning his body fully facing her putting his hands in his pockets. "I don't believe you, but i also don't believe what's on that paper, i only believe what i see" She replied. "Whatever happened that night, i'll find it out, i figure out the truth and what's beyond it " She added with a conferdent tone.

"I don't care actually, do what you do, but you better watch out, that might lead you to be the next victim" He said and her face turned from a conferdent into a confused one, she was about to ask what he meant with it but it was too late he was already out the room. "Next victim? What the hell does that supposed to mean?"

** To be
Continued**

Words : 1443