Chapter 10- Plan B

Naruto had just grabbed Sasuke and performed the Shunshin no Jutsu to teleport away from the main gate of Konoha. Sasuke took a quick glance around before commenting.

  "It seems like your chakra control has improved enough to successfully perform a simple jutsu. That being said..."

Naruto scratched his head and laughed with a wry smile.

  "Yeah, it is pretty impressive isn't it?"

Sasuke replied.

  "Not in particular."

Naruto whipped his head to stare directly at his fellow ninja.

  "What the hell do you mean, teme?"

Sasuke gestured around him.

  "We're back at the cliff we started at. You're about 15 miles further than necessary. Extremely lackluster control."

Naruto was about to respond when a small, orange flash in the distance caught their attention. Sasuke tilted his head and gazed at it, before turning back to Naruto.

Naruto shrugged his shoulders.

  "Heads up, this is gonna be a little annoying. That's Kurama, and he doesn't seem too happy."

Sasuke replied.

  "The Kyuubi must have lost us when we escaped. It seems to be quite attached to you."

Naruto sighed.

  "This time he's the warden. He thinks I'll become corrupted so he won't take his eyes off me."

Sasuke nodded.

  "Turnabout is fair play."

Soon enough, the demon fox made it within hearing distance, and Naruto yelled at him.

  "HEY! SLOW DOWN! YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO ST--"

Before Naruto could finish though, the small bundle of orange fur impacted him at mach speed and took him off his feet. The fox was glued to Naruto's head, and his momentum carried the two of them directly into the ground, carving a deep and wide trench.

Naruto slowly got back onto his feet, and walked back to Sasuke's side, who stared on in silence.

The fox broke the silence.

  "The guilty flee when none pursue. What excuse do you have for escaping?"

Naruto rebutted.

  "They were attacking me at the gate, what else should I do?"

The fox, which had perched itself on top of Naruto's head, answered.

  "You defeated me and Minato, those ants posed no threat. That means you were trying to escape. You are my charge, and I am ensuring that you will not fall to the temptations of evil and wrath."

  "I told you I'm fine Kurama, besides how can I even run from you?

Sasuke gave Naruto a questioning look, Naruto noticed and addressed the unsaid question.

  "Kurama demanded that I accept a tracking seal; He say's that I'm indistinguishable from a rock otherwise."

Kurama interrupted.

  "Indeed, were you not capable of movement and speech, to my perception, you would be dead in every sense of the word."

Sasuke directly addressed the demon fox.

  "Kyuubi-

Naruto immediately interrupted.

  "His name is Kurama."