Chapter 42- Terror

Hiseo, the archbishop of Jashin, sat in his throne with indescribable anticipation. His gray hair was neatly combed back, and he sat with graceful poise, seemingly at peace with the world.

Jashin had finally sent his blessing unto the world, and Hiseo would be the first to cast his master's stroke across the canvas of the impure world.

Bliss. Hiseo felt it. This surely must be bliss. Only the blessings of Jashin himself could elicit such wondrous sensation. In only a few scant hours, the sun would come up, and the plan would start in its entirety.

In a few scant hours, Hiseo would be elbow deep in the blood and viscera of those disgusting heathens that populated Yugakure. How dare they?! Yugakure is where Jashin, blessed be his name, revealed himself to the world. These fucking disgusting humans refused to recognize his greatness. How FUCKING DARE THEY! They deserve everything they will get. They will cry for mercy and the sweat release of death soon enough, and Jashin, blessed be his name, will only deliver unto them infinite pain. It would be beautiful. It would be divine. Everything would be right in the world once again, and it was only a few scant hours away.

It was so close. He could almost taste it in the air. Soon enough though. It wouldn't take that long. He just had to wait a few more hours.

Hiseo chuckled to himself, he was spinning himself up something fierce. he was a shinobi priest of Jashin, and he had to be composed until all steps in the plan were truly in motion. If he were to allow his mental state to compromise the mission, the crusade, the prophecy, at the eleventh hour due to a moment's inattention, Hiseo would never forgive himself, and even worse, Jashin would denounce him, and no matter how many offerings he made unto his God, Jashin would never look upon him favorably again. Hell, true Hell would be brought upon him, and he shuddered at the thought. To no longer feel the love and suffering of Lord Jashin, to no longer feel the kiss upon his mind that made him whole. To live without the constant companionship of his loving god. It would be unthinkable, the pain that wracked him at night as he sent his prayers unto Jashin, blessed be his name, all of that would fade away, and Jashin would never once again cast his malevolent, warm gaze upon him again. Unthinkable, incurable, unendurable. Banish the thought. Banish it. Get rid of the thought. ALL MUST BE QUIET. It must not root within his mind. He cannot live without Jashin, he cannot die without Jashin. Jashin is all there is. Only He will bring purity to the Impure World. We are his agents. His arms. His legs. We are his will.

And Hidan is his blessed son. How great the blessing of Jashin upon Hiseo that Jashin would choose Hiseo's own wife to birth the blessed one. Hidan would bring Jashin to bear against the impure world, and even though Hidan was only six at the moment, there was no single member of Jashin's Flock that were more devout, more studied, and more blessed.

Hiseo felt no envy for his son though, as envious as his position may be, only immense pride that it was his own progeny that had been brought into the world to bring Jashin in, and even better yet, Yuriko had died in labor, smiling until the end as she bled from every orifice on her body as she birthed the chosen one. It was what Hiseo loved the most about her, so devout, and so beautiful. Her prayers were exquisite. Always.

What Hiseo did envy was Hidan's mission. Oh how he wished he could do what Hidan would do today, the day of reckoning. It was the most holy of devotions. It was everything that Jashin wanted. Oh how Hiseo wished he was his son right now. His mission was simply the best.

Hiseo shuddered at the thought and rued his fate. However, he consoled himself with his own mission. To be the orchestrator of it all was a close second. It would be enough, and even Hidan's prayers would be credited to Hiseo in some way, shape, or form. That would have to sate him.

Jashin would be proud. Jashin would reward him greatly for this. Hiseo mused to himself at what Jashin may offer him for success. It would be wonderful. It would twist him, corrupt him, shatter him, and it would be everything he could ask for.