Chapter 15- Butterfly

Shikaku had just finished tidying the papers in the Hokage's office. He sat down on the opposite side of the desk from where the Hokage normally sat. Shikaku was sharing a small smile to himself. He hoped that his talk with the Yondaime would help him make up with his wife.

Right before he put pen to paper, he stretched his back and arms while looking out the windows of the Hokage Tower. Konoha laid before him. It was bustling, the repairs required following the Kyuubi's destruction had the city alive with laborers, civilians, and shinobi alike. The will of fire dwelt within this village, and the village would always rebuild.

Shikaku smiled one more time and put his head down to the paperwork, but out of the corner of his eye, a flare lit up the sky. Even though it was daytime, the flare shone like a second sun. It would be impossible to miss.

Shikaku quickly stood up and looked out the window. The flare was in the direction of the Uchiha clan grounds.

  Fuck...

Uchiha Fugaku was panicking, or as close as one could get to it following a life of war, conflict, and sudden shifts in fortune.

Many people had many claims about the Uchiha. They called him traitor, tyrant, and despot. The Uchiha Military Police did not receive much love with the citizens of Konoha. It was hard to enforce the laws and maintain goodwill.

That being said, not once had anyone claimed him to be a man of inaction.

Fugaku was administering first aid within seconds to the Yondaime as he cursed under his breath.

  You commit suicide in front of my house you bastard?! Don't you realize what a fucking problem this is going to turn into?

  Son of a bitch, why are you stupidly lethal? You aimed for your spleen you goddamn idiot!

  Fuck you Minato, I don't care what your fucking excuse is this time around, this is the last the thing the Uchiha need you fucking idiot.

  Stupid fucking idiot, stabbing yourself like a dumbass, ever heard of therapy you dumbfuck?

Try as he might, Fugaku was having trouble stopping the bleeding. Whether the Yondaime had consciously or unconsciously aimed for it, his knife had plunged into his spleen and severed one of the larger arteries there.

It was a fatal wound by most standards, and if the Hokage had injured himself in a hospital, it would still be hard to treat.

Fugaku evaluated all his options. Solution after solution were thrown out in quick succession.

  Medic Nin are too late at his point. If i can't stabilize him now, he dies.

  I don't have any advanced medical ninjutsu copied.

  Think, Fugaku, Think!

  That time when you were a chuunin? Would that work?

  Fuck, this is gonna turn really bad if this doesn't work.

  Shit, he's not breathing anymore, FUCK heart is going too!

  If he dies here...

  OK, I'M ALL IN!

Uchiha Fugaku paused for a split second to focus his mind and chakra. He activated his sharingan for the first time in over 5 years. He hated the memories that came with them, but he would need the abilities and vision for the next course of action.

He clasped his hand together, forming the Tora seal before sticking two of his fingers into the wound on the fourth Hokage.

He molded fire chakra and released it as carefully as he could. The only hope for the Hokage at this point was to cauterize the wound. There was no other way to stop the bleeding.