Chapter 58

As Orochimaru observed the snake summons of Ryuichi Cave wreak havoc on the Lightning Army before him, he quickly turned to his right as he noticed a most unwelcome presence enter his sensing range. The disgusting geass placed upon his tongue pulsed and only confirmed his suspicions.

Danzo Shimura appeared from the shadows, and adressed Orochimaru without any respect.

  "You've done an adequate job here, but where is the Edo Tensei?

  We may never have another chance to test his full might."

Orochimaru replied in a cold and indifferent tone.

  "When the snakes tire, I will summon whoever it is that has you so concerned."

Danzo's frown imperceptibly turned downwards.

  "Those were not my orders."

And the Root control seal flared in Orochimaru, and a paroxysm of pain shot through his body.

Danzo continued.

  "Summon him right now."

Orochimaru felt the full weight of compulsion fall over him, and he knew that he had no other choice.

He made the requisite seals while he gathered his chakra, and using a prisoner he had captured earlier in the battle, performed the jutsu.

The sacrifice was rapidly covered in paper as the body reformed into the avatar of the dead spirit that had just been ripped back into existence from the pure lands.

As the body morphed more details, and the face finished, Orochimaru looked at Danzo with barely hidden incredulity.

  "You can't be serious."

Danzo shook his head.

  "Oh but I am. Edo Tensei gives the summoned a body that repairs itself, a body that feels no pain, and an unending supply of chakra.

  He can become the greatest weapon the Leaf has ever known."

After the monkey summons had been fighting for about an hour at the second battlefield, Monkey King Enma finally called them back, and unsummoned the horde back to Monkey Mountain.

The majority of monkeys had started to tire, and any experience in battle that would be gained from this point onward would garner too many casualties to be worth it.

As the sudden collapse of the fighting, the perimeter of the Lightning Army fell into disarray as every soldier tried to figure out where the enemy had gone.

Over the next several minutes, as the troops were reorganized by their commanders and the lines were reformed, Senju Tobirama was hard at work, using the moment of confusion to put the finishing touches on his battle strategy.

As the creator of the Edo Tensei, Tobirama was one of the most dangerous summons possible, as he knew the ins and outs of the jutsu, and how to use it to its greatest effect.

Tobirama quickly created a dozen shadow clones, and each one activated a separate flying thunder god seal, teleporting themselves to positions that corralled and surrounded the entire army.

The original and each clone then made a few hand seals before casting their jutsu.

Still synchronized across the vast distances required to surround the Lightning Army, the original and clones cried out in a single voice.

  "Mutually Multiplying Explosive Tags Jutus!"

The original as well as the clones then started to shed explosive tags in the thousands, with the tags dispersing with the wind, landing on and trapping almost every available surface they had to land on, almost instantaneously trapping the whole Lightning Army within a ring shaped minefield.