Chapter 32- Beat to Quarters

Ginou was holding his fist out to Yama.

Ginou had not trusted a human in eons, but he was willing to make the extension one more time.

Yama had let the fox into his mindscape and shown him the memories of his father.

A mindscape is a precious thing. Had Ginou wished to, he would have been able to wreak havoc and destruction inside Yama's psyche.

It would be indefensible and irreparable. Yama had still let him in though.

Ginou thought it foolish to allow Yama into the Bijuu plane simply because Yama had shown trust first.

However, Ginou was willing to be a fool one more time. Isobu needed help.

Yama smiled and brought his fist up to met Ginou's.

Yama closed his eyes, and when he reopened them, he found himself surrounded by the Bijuu.

Kurama was non-hostile, but still staring at him intently.

The rest were staring with intensity bordering on ill-will.

The Eight-tails spoke first.

  "You dare to bring a human into our sacred plane, Fox?

  And you claim to be the only one who honors our father?"

Yama interrupted him.

  "Easy there, Gyuuki.

  I'm here to help."

Gyuuki immediately clammed shut, and turned a side eye towards Kurama, who simply shrugged and held his paws in the air in a helpless manner.

  "I have told him nothing. He knows our names through other means.

  He has let me into his mindscape and shown me his meeting with Hagoromo.

  I trust him, and he is here to help Isobu.

  He is the man who purified me of emotion."

Most of the other Bijuu kept quiet and simply listened. Kurama had already told them of his first meeting with Yama.

Yama was supposedly a being of great power and strength. It would be unwise to make any rash decisions with the man already in their shared plane.

The two-tails leveled a predatory gaze against Yama, who met her eyes with a simple smile.

  "Yama, is it? What truly brings you into our domain?

  It would behoove you to speak candid truth."

As she spoke, her body flared and the surrounding temperatures spiked. Yama was unflustered and unaffected though.

  "Matatabi, you too, No need to be all scary like that.

  I only have good intentions.

  Besides, if you really want to get mad at me, can you just wait a little while?

  There is something I must apologize for to you in specificity."

Matatabi grinned, showing all her teeth.

  "Unflappable are you? Not sweating even a little bit?"

Yama laughed and scratched his head.

  "Nope. "

He turned in a circle and faced each of the 8 Bijuu who were already present before speaking.

  "Kurama has brought me here to help Isobu. If I were a betting man, I would wager that none of you are too comfortable with my presence, so why don't I just go ahead and do my thing?"