Chapter 59- The Final Chapter

Shijin and Kurama were the first to react following the appearance of the God Tree.

They both instantaneously reached Yama, but they too were sequestered from him by the impenetrable shell of chakra he had formed while healing Iruka and Mizuki.

The two beings of immense power, one a Chakra Beast, and the other the son of the Sage, felt the threat wash over them when Yama destabilized and the chakra shell exploded.

They both shunshined backwards with ultimate speed, and barely dodged the soundless explosion of chakra, and they too watched in horror as everyone and everything caught in it was disintegrated.

They thought it could get no worse, but when the three shifting, hulking masses of darkness rose from the ashes, Kurama cried out in anger and despair.

"You FOOLS. You incarnated Hatred into the world!

THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE BURDEN OF BIJUU.

FATHER CREATED US FOR THIS!

LOOK WHAT YOU DID NOW. YOU GAVE IT FORM AND THE GOD TREE!

YOU'VE DOOMED US!"

The demon fox was yelling at no one in particular, maybe Yama, but Yama was no longer there.

Shijin, having heard Kurama's outburst, flashed to the fox's side, and asked.

"What's going on, what do we need to do to fix this?"

The Fox snarled.

"Stop meddling with that which you know nothing!

Hatred is now incarnate. Yama had only borne the Soul beforehand, but those other two shadows that appeared were the Mind and Body.

They are separate for now, but after strengthening themselves, they will merge and that will be the End."

Shijin continued.

"What do you mean strengthen?"

The Fox ignored him, and shedding his recent form of a small and silver fox, reformed himself in his normal image.

The soldiers of Lightning and Fire, who were still gasping at the appearance of the God Tree, paralyzed by confusion, beheld the full form of the Nine-Tailed Fox.

Kurama appeared in all his glory, hundreds of feet tall, spawning tornadoes and fires around him.

The fires and tornadoes killed indiscriminately, but Kurama did not pay attention, even if his father had charged him with the safety of Humans.

There were more important issues to handle, and he could not worry about both.

The power he had held secret for eons, the ability to burn his own life force and create power from nothing like the heart of a star.

For the first and only time, he activated Baryon Mode, and prepared himself for Victory and Death, or Death Alone.

Fighting the incarnation of Hatred would be the death of him no matter what, but may, just maybe, others could survive.

Kurama was the strongest and eldest of the Bijuu, and when the sky was falling, it was his job to catch it.

Shijin had witnessed the might of the Kyuubi before, but this was different.

Even his eyes could not see what Baryon Mode was. It was an ability even beyond the Rinnesharingan's ability to understand and analyze.

However, Shijin could see the effects. The power came at steep cost, and he also knew that Kurama was dying.