Chapter 3

Thursday

"Alright, Sean! You got this!" I shouted.

Tom whistled from beside me.

Sean took off running down the field. His small stature made him very fast. However, he wasn't explosive with his running. He had to gradually get to his top speed which made his 40 yard dash time look a little bad.

"Four six flat." Coach Riley said.

"Four six? We're on our second run." Tom whispered to me.

Whenever we ran the 40 yard dash, we got to run it twice. We had all already gone once. Tom got a 4.56 on his last run due to a faulty start. He tripped over his own feet of course. Justin got a 4.32 after being so nervous he could barely stand, and he had the fastest out of everyone's time. I got a 4.50, and it was also because I tripped over my own feet.

"Justin Bieber." They announced.

Just walked back up to the line.

"Let's go, Boy!" I shouted.

"Come on, you got this!" Tom shouted.

Justin got in position. He took off running down the field. Justin was very explosive when he ran. Maybe it was because he was 5'9, but he was one of the fastest people I had ever seen on the field. And he was running. I mean fast as hell.

"Four two two!" Coach Riley shouted.

I yelled and grabbed Tom. The two of us jumped around. Justin running the 40 yard dash in 4.22 seconds made him tied with John Ross for fastest 40 yard dash recorded. John Ross had done his for the NFL Combine, while Justin was just a freshman in College. That made it all the more impressive.

They called for the quarterbacks to come down to the line. Tom hugged me before walking down to the line with the other six quarterbacks. Justin skipped over to me and jumped in my arms.

"You're fucking incredible. Do you know that? Like you're actually incredible." I said.

"You're too sweet." He said.

I put him down on the ground. The two of us watched and cheered as the guys did their runs. Most of them ended with 4.65 and below. Then it was Tom's turn.

"Come on, Son!" I shouted.

"Let's go, Tommy boy!" Justin yelled.

Tom got in position. He raised his backside up and took off running. This time he didn't trip. And he was fast. He was the shortest quarterback in college currently at 5'8, but that made him faster.

"Four three seven!" Coach Riley smiled.

"Oh my! Oh my! You see him? That's my best friend!" Justin shouted at the cameras.

"My brother ran a four three seven. A four three seven!" I said to the camera.

They called over the tight ends.

"You got this." Justin said.

I nodded and looked at the cameras.

"Wish me luck." I said.

I walked over to the line with the other five tight ends. They were running 4.65 seconds and below. All of the other tight ends except for Ethan were taller than me. I was 6'4 and they were around 6'6. They all also weighed more than me. They were around 250 pounds, and I was 200. I was skinny compared to every other tight end. That coupled with my mom's running genes made me considerably fast when I wasn't nervous.

"Y/N Holland." They called.

I walked to the line and jumped up once. I got in position.

"Bring it home, Baby!" Justin shouted.