Chapter 18

Ariana's Point of View

"Good morning." Victoria smiled as I walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning." I smiled back. I looked at the other girl sitting at the bar. "Hey, Zendaya."

"Hello, Ariana. Now that we're all here I wanted to plan something with you girls. Regardless of how the championship game ends, I feel like we need to do something nice for the babies." Zendaya said.

"I agree. They have been trying to get a football championship forever." Victoria said.

"What do you have in mind?" I asked Zendaya.

"Well you know unfortunately we can't go on vacation because of basketball. But maybe we could just do something small. Like a celebratory dinner. I already ordered the cake for if they win. If they lose, we'll just smooth out the congratulations written in icing." Zendaya said.

"Awe, that's cute. They're paying right?" Victoria said.

"Yeah of course." Zendaya said.

I walked to the fridge, and I immediately felt lightheaded.

"Hey, you okay?" Victoria asked.

"Yeah, I just don't feel too good." I said to her.

"Do you need to go lay down?" Zendaya asked.

"I think I may have an ovarian cyst or something. I don't know." I said.

"Maybe we should take you to the hospital." Victoria said.

"Okay." I nodded.

———

"Hi, Ariana. I'm Robin. I'll be your nurse for today." The woman smiled.

"Hi." I said.

"What seems to be the problem?" She asked.

Victoria grabbed my hand, and I gave her a small smile.

"I've just been feeling really sick recently. I don't know what's wrong. I've missed my period for two weeks. I have endometriosis, and I was told I was infertile, so I know it isn't that." I said.

"Ariana." Victoria sighed as she stroked my hand with her thumb.

"I think it may be an ovarian cyst." I said.

"Yeah with your symptoms, I think it might be too." Robin said. "I'm just gonna do an ultrasound, so that we can kind of pinpoint where it is."

"Okay." I nodded.

Robbin left the room.

"Ari, I'm so sorry. I had no idea about...I'm sorry. I know how badly you always wanted kids." Victoria said.

"It's okay. I'm fine. I found out three years ago, so it's nothing new to me." I said.

"You know you're my baby, right?" Victoria asked.

"Yes, I know." I smiled.

"No, you don't know. I love you so much. And I'm gonna kick this ovarian cyst's ass for fucking with you." She said.

"Thanks, Vic." I laughed.

Robin came back in with an ultrasound cart. She walked back over to me and set up everything.

"Jelly is gonna be a little warm." Robin said.

"Okay." I said.

I pulled my shirt up. Robin placed the jelly on my stomach and grabbed the ultrasound probe. She placed it on my stomach and started moving around.