Chapter 4

"So the musical this year is Wicked! Can you believe that?" Tom said to our parents.

"Well you're auditioning for Fiyero I hope." Mom said.

"Obviously that would be my first choice, but I can't. We start basketball practice in a couple of weeks, so there's no way I can do the musical." Tom said.

"Well if you only did the musical..." Dad trailed off.

"Dad, I think it's a little too late to quit football. I'm in college now, and I have a team that depends on me." Tom said.

"And an entire career ahead of him." I said.

"He could be an actor. Or a singer. Or a dancer." Mom said.

"Well those are hobbies now, Mum. I prefer playing my sports." Tom smiled.

"Yeah, and he isn't gonna leave me." I said.

"Well we'd just prefer having a limited number of children with brain damage because they wanted to toss a ball around." Mom said.

"Kaiser is never ever touching a football. I mean I wish we would have stopped you, so we could have prevented the CTE that's bound to occur in you." Dad told me.

"You've been here for like two seconds, and you're already starting." I said as I flashed a fake smile.

"Guys, I actually got a promotion at the dance studio. Well Victoria and I both did. We now get to teach our own classes!" Zendaya said.

"Wow, really?" My mom asked excitedly.

Zendaya gave me a sympathetic smile before turning back to my parents to tell them all about her promotion.

Zendaya and Tom met when they were freshmen in high school. Zendaya was fourteen when she started taking dance classes at the studio Victoria attended. I met her while going to watch Vic dance one day, and the two of us hit it off immediately. I was actually the one that set Tom up with Zendaya.

After about two months of them dating, Zendaya was officially like my big sister. My parents loved her, and I loved her as well. And because she was over at our house so often, she was almost always present when my parents would start arguments with me about Tom playing sports as if it wasn't his decision. So Zendaya always tried to get the heat off of me when the arguing started. She knew how badly it hurt me, and she felt the need to protect me from it.

"Y/N, if you could, would you audition as your name sake?" Dad teased me.

"I'd rather eat a brick." I said as I went on my phone.

I saw Lauren had texted me.

Lauren💙: I'll be waiting for you.

Me: Alright 💕

"Who are you texting?" My sister asked as she leaned over.

I closed my phone and put it in my pocket.

"Santa. He said you're getting nothing for Christmas." I said.

"Did he really?" Jordan pouted.

Her eyes filled with tears.

"No, no. Y/N doesn't have Santa's number, baby." Mom told her.

"He gave me his new number." I told Jordan.

"Y/N, stop." Mom warned.

"Did you really tell Santa about me?" Jordan asked.

"Yes, he said he was gonna take you to work as one of his elves for the next one hundred years. You also get no presents." I said.