Chapter 13

"Thank you three little devils for coming." Amber, our agent, said as she walked into her office.

She shut the door behind her. The three of us were already sitting down. 

"We've been waiting for fifteen minutes." I said.

"And I can walk out and you can wait fifteen more with that attitude." She said.

"Not necessary, Amber. What did you call us in for?" Tom said.

Amber sat down in front of us.

"So I have been working on this for a while. And I mean a while. Like since you were in high school." Amber said.

"What the fuck? What is it?" Justin asked.

She shushed him.

"I have been in communication with Adam Silver for years now because well that's the only league that will take you as a teenager. We both agree that depending on how your season is this year, Justin could be a top five first round draft pick in the NBA draft for next year, and Tom could be top twenty." Amber said.

"Shut the fuck up." Justin said covering his mouth.

"Are you serious right now?" Tom asked.

"They wanna send me to the WNBA or something?" I asked.

"No, you'd go to the NBA. It would be just like how it is now." Amber said.

"Okay...so I'm not getting drafted? They wanna draft them but not me?" I asked.

"Hold on. Tom and I aren't declaring for the draft without Y/N." Justin said.

"Wait a minute. We're gonna be separated anyway if we get fucking drafted." Tom said.

"What the fuck is going on? Who's trying to separate us?" Justin asked.

"Okay, let's calm down. You're spiraling for no reason." Amber said.

"No, I think it's good reason. You want us separated." I said.

"That's not what's happening here. Justin, despite being five nine, puts up shots like no other. Fantastic handles and knows exactly where the ball needs to be. Tom, who is five eight, can somehow always score. It's kind of annoying. You, Y/N, you do well with rebounds but nothing else." Amber said.

"Because basketball isn't my sport." I said.

"And the NBA sees that." She said.

"So they aren't even gonna give me a chance?" I asked.

"I never said that. It's ultimately up to you guys to decide if you wanna declare or not." She said.

"But then we'll go to different teams." Tom said.

"That's another thing. It's been talked over, and the teams are willing to back off of you two to make sure that one team in particular gets you." Amber said.

"It's a sucky team right? Orlando?" Justin asked.

"Clippers." Amber said.

"Just as bad." Tom said.

"You mean to tell me the fucking Clippers don't want me?" I asked.

"Okay, I didn't say that. It would just take a little convincing." Amber said.

"Fuck that! Dude, fuck them!" I shouted.

"You can always prove them wrong this upcoming season." She shrugged.

"When do we decide if we wanna declare for the draft or not?" I asked.

"March thirty first." She said.