Chapter 15

"Ralen!" I sang as I lined up against him.

"What up, Holland?" He laughed as he lined up against me.

"How you doing?" I asked.

"We got seven on the board and y'all got zero, so how you think?" He asked.

"You gone do me like that?" I asked.

Today was our homecoming game. Our alumnus were back, and they were all excited to watch the game. Justin, Tom, and I had to put on a show for them. However, Coach Riley didn't have Justin and I playing defense for the first twenty minutes, and Washington scored a touchdown and made their field goal.

But now we had the ball. And the play was for me.

"Hike!" Tom shouted.

I ran into the linebacker and pushed past him. I ran through the cornerbacks and cut left. I looked back to Tom throwing the ball. I caught it at the thirty yard line. Their free safety ran for me and dove to tackle my legs. I jumped over him and continued running. I jumped into the end zone and placed the ball on the ground.

"Unstoppable! You are unstoppable!" Justin shouted as he ran to me.

"Something slight. You know me." I joked.

He patted my helmet. The two of us jogged off of the field and went over to the bench.

"Hey! Hey you!" I could hear Ariana calling.

I laughed and waved without turning around.

"I thought you don't do touchdowns!" She said.

"I thought you don't watch me play!" I shouted as I turned around.

"Baby!" Coach shouted.

I turned back around and looked at the field.

"Get another one!" Ariana shouted.

I gave her a thumbs up without looking back.

"You get touchdowns for Ariana now?" Justin asked me.

"I'll get one for her tonight. It's the least I can do since I'm her date to the homecoming dance." I said.

"Oh right." Justin said.

"You're so talented." Tom said as he sat down beside me.

"You're so talented." I said to him.

———

"Thirty five. Twenty. We're whooping y'all. Come on, Goforth." I told the linebacker.

"Tell me. Is he passing to Justin? He not giving it to you. We might as well dick around." Ralen said.

"We might as well." I shrugged.

We were first and ten at the thirty yard line. There were thirty five seconds left on the clock. We knew we had already won the game, so we thought about doing a random play. And I was getting the ball.

"Hike!" Tom shouted.

I ran into Ralen, and he lightly pushed me. I pushed him on his ass and ran past him.

"Sorry, Ralen!" I shouted.

I cut right and entered the end zone. I looked around.

Tom threw the ball high, and their cornerback tried to jump for the ball. But it was too high, and he was too short. I grabbed the ball and landed with both feet in the end zone.

I put the ball down and scanned over the crowd. I pointed to the student section where Ariana was and took a bow. I couldn't see her, but I knew she saw it.