Chapter 7

"Alright, so we'll have your car ready by tomorrow at one. We'll text you to let you know." My mechanic said.

"Preciate you." I smiled.

I handed my keys to him, and he handed me a paper of everything they were doing. I was getting a new cat-back twin exhaust system and a new throttle body.

I walked back to Justin's car and got in the passenger seat.

"Are you hungry?" He asked.

"Nah, I gotta go over to Mani's. She's kinda pissed at me." I said.

"Is she ever not pissed at you?" He asked as he drove off.

"Nope." I said.

"Have you seen Ariana around the house?" Justin asked.

"Nope." I said as I looked at my phone.

I hadn't talked to her at all since Dalton hit me in the face. I didn't know if it was her avoiding me or if I was just too busy, but it was like we didn't even live in the same house.

"Turns out you were right. He really was talking to some other girls." He said.

"Damn. Don't care." I said.

"Nah listen. She went though his phone, caught him talking to some girl, she confronts and of course he gaslights, so Ariana is like 'I'm leaving if you don't show me your other messages,' and the motherfucker told her to leave." Justin said.

"Of course." I said.

"And then Ariana had nowhere to go cause Victoria ignored her and so did Tom and Zendaya. But when she called me, I was fully prepared to cuss her out. Like I was ecstatic that I got a call from her. I had the word 'bitch' locked and loaded ready to go when I answered. But she didn't even say words. She just started crying hard as fuck. Then she started telling me about how Dalton kicked her out and told her to find a way home at one in the morning in Los Angeles. Like that's more fucked up than the cheating. So I had to be the one to go get her." He said.

"Well you can tell Dalton's a bitch. He wears salmon colored polos with khaki shorts and Sperry's." I said.

"But wait. It gets better. Yesterday he posted on Instagram with some new blonde bitch!" Justin said.

"Probably an upgrade." I said.

"Oh don't be like that. You know Ariana is fucking gorgeous." He said.

"Yeah, but she's a bitch. It cancels out." I said.

"It does not cancel out. She's fucking hot, and she's a bitch. That's literally your type." Justin said.

"That's not even fucking true. Look at Lauren. Lauren is so nice." I said.

"She's also almost forty. Every mom is nice." He said.

"Yeah, I guess." I shrugged.

"Okay, but fuck Dalton though." Justin said.

"Dude, fuck Dalton. Leaving her little ass in LA alone? That's fucked up." I said.

"Right!" Justin said.

———

"I'm sorry." I said to Normani.

She picked her head up off my chest and kissed my lips.

"It's okay. I forgive you now." Normani smiled.

She kissed me again, and I kissed her back. I flipped us over so that I was on top. Normani ran her fingers into my hair and tugged. I smiled into the kiss. I pulled away to look at her.