Chapter 9

"Goddamn!" I shouted as I stood up.

The turf was wet from the rain, and it was very hard to stop slipping. Instead of having practice inside like normal people, Coach Riley made us all practice outside in the pouring rain because Justin was late. And it was a morning practice since we had to leave for Colorado later in the day for our game tomorrow. So I was pissed.

"Alright, let's take five." Coach Riley said.

I started my walk over to the benches. Justin came over and walked with me.

"I'm sorry, Baby." He said.

"Shut the fuck up! You live with me and Tom. We woke you up, and you still slept in." I said.

"I'll buy you a new watch." He smiled.

Justin tried to grab my hand, and I snatched it away.

"I'll forgive you if you stop trying to hold hands with me." I said.

"Okay." He said.

Justin gave me a quick hug, and I smiled as I pushed him off. I walked over to the guys.

"I gave her not one but two chances. Two nights in a row. Dry as hell. That bitch pussy is broken. I'm not fucking with her again. I'm sticking with Jhené for real this time." Sean laughed.

"You been needed to just stick to Jhené. You already taking her to homecoming, and her kid likes you. What girl you talking shit about now, bruh?" I smiled.

"Vic friend, Ariana. I'm through with her." He said.

My smile instantly fell. I hummed as I walked away from him and got some Gatorade from the cooler. Justin followed me. We both quietly drank from our cups.

"Does he know that there's a reason when girls are dry? Does he know that he's the reason?" Justin whispered to me.

"Why is he talking about her like that? That's not fair. She's not here to defend herself." I said.

"Since when do you care if girls are talked about?" He asked.

"I don't. It's just...why is he talking about Ariana?" I said.

"Since when do you care if Ariana is talked about?" Justin asked.

"He just shouldn't be talking about her like that in front of everyone. It's fucked up. He's just some stupid rebound anyway. She probably didn't even like him." I said.

"I agree, but we can't really do much." Justin shrugged.

But I didn't like Sean talking about her. I didn't like her being with him in the first place, but I was really pissed now.

I walked over to Coach.

"What do you want, Baby?" Coach asked.

"Put me on strong safety for one play. Please. I wanna see how I can do." I said.

"When have you ever played safety?" He asked.

"When I was in middle school. I played free safety then. I was too small to be a strong safety or defensive end. I wanna see how I do as a strong safety. It's one play. Please." I said.

"Alright." Coach nodded.

"Okay." I said.

"Greene! You're on defensive end. Baby Holland is on strong safety." Coach said. "Defense go."

I walked back into the field. Justin ran up behind me.

"Uh oh." He said.

"What?" I asked.